As a follow up to my previous post on "User Profile Sync – SharePoint 2010", I'll wrap up with some very good links and other currently known issues we discovered with User profile sync stuff in SharePoint 2010.
If you have not started to setup and configure the User profile Service at all, don't go any further here and instead start reading my above mentioned post.
Known Issue and troubleshooting questions
You'll find here a summary list of most common questions, known issues and/or other reported cases since RTM. For your convenience, I listed the links below to give you a short "jump" to it.
Furthermore, I highly recommend you to frequently check the Blogs and Links referred here for latest Updates as well as I'll posting more new issues here as they arise or found by daily support work
My posts: found or reported through Support incidents:
- User Profile Import from BDC fails on SharePoint Server 2010 with Event ID 6301 (KB 2435284)
- Delete the user property SPS-Local in SharePoint 2010 breaks the My Profile page
- Problem after installing August CU for SharePoint 2010 (Event ID 3 is logged in bulks)
- User Profile Sync does not work when Central Admin page runs on SSL (Fixed with KB 2394320)
- AskMeABout Webpart exception thrown (breaking My Profile site)
- "Unable to open database connection" error from Forefront Identity Manager,
with Event ID 3 logged (KB 2473416)
- MsiInstaller errors Event ID 1004; 1001; 1015 (KB 2473430)
- Event ID error 22, 234 and multiple times created ForeFront certificates (KB 2498715)
- Regression with October 2010 CU – (…affects User Profile service applications and MySites…)
- Regression with Dec. 2010 CU:
- Membership on My Site not updated/populated correctly
- SharePoint 2010 Profile Sync – Inability to import users based on group membership
- Proxy Configuration issues with UPA in SharePoint 2010 / 2013
- UPA Sync Service Startup issues due to invalid Name of the server
Last update: 2013-05-21
Let me also refer to Spencer's blog (as of 2010-10-13) with just a few copied links:
- Why does UPS get “stuck on starting”?
- Incorrect Permissions
- UPS Provisioning quits immediately after hitting Start in Services on Server
- NetBIOS Domain Name and Fully Qualified Domain Name don’t match
- Using a SQL Server Named Instance
- Starting UPS after creating the User Profile Service Application using Windows PowerShell
- Running Central Administration over SSL
- Timeouts when creating Synchronization Connections
- After a server restart, the UPS service instance is stopped
- After the installation of Cumulative Updates, the UPS service instance needs to be provisioned
- When attempting to Manage the UPA, you receive an error, Not Found, Correlation ID: [guid], or Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Resource Management’
- After the installation of the August CU, Event ID 3 is repeatedly logged to the Application Event Log
- After clicking start in Services on Server, nothing happens for 20 minutes and UPS is not provisioned. No ILM Configuration steps are logged to ULS.
- How to view progress of UPS provisioning
- How to reset the Sync Machine Instance
- Stuck on Starting and ULS logs event 9i1w: ILM Configuration: Error ‘ERR_CONFIG_DB’