SP1 is now available for SharePoint Server 2013, Project Server 2013, Project 2013, and SharePoint Designer 2013!
Build number as seen in central admin after installation: 15.0.4569.1000
[2nd update, 2014-04-22]
The updated version of Service Pack 1 has been released! Note that the KB articles are now different! See table below!
Please see all details here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/stefan_gossner/archive/2014/04/22/sp1-for-sharepoint-2013-has-been-rereleased.aspx
Other References: official announcement in Bill Baers blog post.
For customers who have previously deployed Service Pack 1, download the updated Service Pack 1 and install over the existing Service Pack 1
running PSConfig or PSConfigUI immediately following.
-- Due to a potential issue with SP1 that prevents deployment of future PU/CU's, the download was disabled!
-- I'll post an update as soon as it is newly released.
The March PU Is not required prior to install SP1 on top of RTM version!
(see also the Sustained Engineering blog post)
The updates are available from the Microsoft Download Center today, as well as from Microsoft Update and the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) catalog. After a 30-day period, SP1 will begin releasing as an automatic update through Microsoft Update. Visit these KB articles for more information on the SP1 updates for the MSI versions and how to get them.
How to get SP1
|Office 2013 SP1 Covers these applications:
|Project 2013 SP1||2817433
new KB 2880553
|Visio 2013 SP1||2817443|
|SharePoint Designer 2013 SP1||2817441|
SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 *
Re-released Service Pack: KB 2880552
new KB 2880552
| SharePoint Foundation 2013 SP1 *
Re-released Service Pack: KB 2880551
new KB 2880551
|Project Server 2013 SP1||2817434|
|Office Web Apps Server 2013 SP1||2817431
new KB 2880558
|All other desktop products and language packs||2850036|
|All other server products and language packs||2850035|
|SharePoint Server Language Pack||2880554|
|SharePoint Foundation Language Pack||2880555|
Customers who have an Office 365 subscription are always kept up to date and will get the SP1 changes automatically in their next regular update.
SP1 for Exchange Server 2013 is also releasing today. Visit the Exchange team blog to learn more about it.
after installing the SharePoint Foundation SP1 you should also install on top the hotfix from KB2760625 which solves a problem with search, please see more in the KB as well as the blog of my colleague, Stefan Gossner.
Please download and install the new, re-released Service packs! See more details here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/stefan_gossner/archive/2014/04/22/sp1-for-sharepoint-2013-has-been-rereleased.aspx
- The KB articles for the re-released Service Packs are different from the recalled Service Pack! See updated table above!
What’s new in SP1?
SP1 provides fixes to improve general stability, functionality, and security in Office, SharePoint Server, and related products. Among the functionality improvements and changes are the following:
- Compatibility fixes for Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11.
- Better support for modern hardware, such as high DPI devices and the precision touchpad.
- New apps for Office capabilities and APIs for developers.
- Power Map for Excel, a 3D visualization tool for mapping, exploring, and interacting with geographical and temporal data in Excel, is now available to Office 365 ProPlus subscription customers. You can learn more about Power Map general availability on the Power BI Blog.
- Improvements to the Click-to-Run virtualization technology that installs and updates Office 365 desktop applications.
- SkyDrive Pro is now OneDrive for Business.
SP1 includes all the Public Updates (PU) and Cumulative Updates (CU) that have been released since the 2013 family of products first became available, up to the December 2013 CU and January 2014 PU.
Issues Fixed by Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Office and SharePoint 2013
list of SP1 fixes is available for download
Support for Windows Server 2012:
- For Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 -> NOTE! As of now, it is required to use a slipstreamed media to install SP2013 + SP1 on a Server 2012 R2 system!
- SharePoint Server 2013 with SP1 ("slipstream") is now available for download via MSDN and VLSC...
- FAQ about SP1 --> please see here the faq post from my colleague, Stefan Gossner
- SharePoint Foundation 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1
- SharePoint Server 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1
- Download locations of international versions of SharePoint Foundation 2013 with SP1
Regarding the installation ensure to follow all guidelines on the following page: Software updates overview for SharePoint 2013
Note! As usual, you must run the PSConfig Wizard after installation to finalize the update!
- Service Pack 1 for SharePoint and Office 2010
- All previous released Updates for SharePoint 2010
- All previous released Updates for SharePoint 2013