Affects Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS); Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSSv3); Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 (MSF2010)
On Tuesday, October 12, 2010, Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS10-072) will be released. It includes an Important public update that affects Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services, SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Office SharePoint Server 2007. The following KB articles will go live on the release date:
· KB 2345304, MS10-072: Description of the security update for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: October 12, 2010
· KB 2345212, MS10-072: Description of the security update for Office SharePoint Server 2007: October 12, 2010
· KB 2345322, MS10-072: Description of the security update for Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010: October 12, 2010
Based on the past experiences with the Security Bulletin MS10-39 after installation of the Important security update released for SharePoint, we noticed some issues related to the inability to browse a SharePoint site and the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard failing to complete (see also my related post here).
If you suspect that an issue is related to the installation of this update, please refer to the following KB article:
944267 - How to troubleshoot common errors that occur when you run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard on a computer that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or SharePoint Server 2007
If the customer is experiencing an issue that is not documented in KB 944267, please open immediately a service request at Microsoft Support and include the following information:
- Detailed Symptom Description
- Error Message(s) from the UI (User Interface/browser)
- Troubleshooting steps already done/performed
Additionally, be sure to collect, review and attach the following data to the case: Event Logs (Application, Security, System), ULS, Psconfig and Upgrade logs.
NOTE: This notification is strictly a pro-active effort and does not necessarily implies that we expect any issues!