This is the archived part of my current Post “SharePoint 2013 Build Numbers (most recent)” to keep the main view short and focused on the most relevant and latest information about updates 😉
Here you’ll find a table with all released Builds since SharePoint 2013 went RTM up to latest Service Pack!
For the most recent updates since SP1 click here
- The Server packages for the Feb 2013 CU are contained in the March 2013 PU and will be mandatory requirement for installing subsequent SharePoint 2013 cumulative updates!!!
The SharePoint Server 2013 Packs are containing the Foundation Packs and may need only the Server package to be installed!
Starting with the July 2014 CU, the release cycle is now every month rather than the Bi-monthly cycle.
Table View of all Updates Since Beta Preview/RTM up to the latest Service Pack
|Public Beta Preview||15.0.4128.1014||Beta||n/a||n/a||yes||Known issues|
|SPS 2013 RTM||15.0.4420.1017||RTM||n/a||n/a||yes||Setup, Install|
|Dec. 2012 Fix||15.0.4433.1506||update||2752058
|March 2013||15.0.4481.1005||PU||2767999||2768000||global||New Baseline|
|April 2013||15.0.4505.1002||CU||–||2751999||global||Known Issue|
|April 2013||15.0.4505.1005||CU||2726992||–||global||Known Issue|
|June 2013||15.0.4517.1003||CU||2817346||global||Known Issue 1
Known Issue 2
|June 2013||15.0.4517.1005||CU||2817414||–||global||Known Issue 1 Known Issue 2|
|December 2013||15.0.4551.1511||CU||2850024||global||see KB|
|Feb. 2014 – skipped!||n/a||–||–||–||–||–|
2760625 – Fix
2880551 – Current
The Build number shown in your central admin -> servers in farm’s site is the version that comes from the configuration database (table dbo.versions).
Please see here for more: Common question: why does the version number on the “Servers in Farm” page not change after installing October CU?
If you want to be sure that you have installed the server CU you also can check it in Central Admin -> Upgrade and Migration -> Check product and patch installation status. This will show you the versions installed.
In order to determine if SP1 is installed for Office 2013 or a related product, look for the program version in the list of installed programs in the Programs and Features control panel. If SP1 is installed, the version will be 15.0.4569.1506 or higher. Additionally, if you’ve installed the SP1 update for an MSI product, SP1 will be listed in Installed Updatesin that same control panel.
[Update, 2014-04-22] – The updated version of Service Pack 1 has been released! – see here for more: http://blogs.technet.com/b/steve_chen/archive/2014/02/26/3623749.aspx
The March PU Is not required prior to install SP1 on top of RTM version! But either one, March PU or SP1 must be installed on RTM before any other subsequent CU’s !
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
Note! The KB-Articles usually have a download link where you can get the packages directly
Important When you install the cumulative update on a single-server SharePoint farm or on SharePoint servers that include Search Service Application topology roles, you must follow the steps that are mentioned on the following Microsoft website: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=279911
Individual Hotfixes, released since RTM up to first official published CU:
- KB 2737983 – Update for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013– update for Access 2013/SharePoint Server 2013
- KB 2752001 – Update for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013– update for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- KB 2752058 – Update for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013– update for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- KB 2760355 – Update for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013 – update for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- KB 2752031 – Update for Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013, December 11, 2012
- KB 2767858 – Update for Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013, February 12, 2013
- KB 2768343 – SharePoint Designer 2013 hotfix package (Spd-x-none.msp): June 11, 2013
- KB 2817507 – SharePoint Designer 2013 hotfix package (Spd-x-none.msp): August 13, 2013
- KB 2837671– SharePoint Designer 2013 hotfix package, December 2013
- KB 2817441 – SharePoint Designer 2013 SP1
Office 2013 (Client):
- KB 2727009 – Description of the Office 2013 update: December 11, 2012
- KB 2793009 – Description of the Office security and nonsecurity updates: December 11, 2012
- KB 2802843 – Office 2013 cumulative update for February 2013
- KB 2817430 – Office 2013 SP1
- KB 2760486 – Description of the Office Web Apps Server 2013 hotfix package(Wacserver-x-none.msp): March 5, 2013
- KB 2799821– Description of the Office Web Apps Server 2013 hotfix package (Wacserver-x-none.msp): April 9, 2013
- KB 2817350 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 June 2013
- KB 2817521 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 hotfix package (Wacserver-x-none.msp): August 13, 2013
- KB 2825686– Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2013 CU
- KB 2850013– Office Web Apps Server 2013 December 2013 CU
- KB 2880558– Office Web Apps Server 2013 SP1
- KB 2883093– Office Web Apps Server 2013 August 2014 CU
- KB 2889898 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU
As of November, 24th, 2014 the Office Web Apps Server will be removed from the Microsoft Download Center. At that time it will only be available for download under Volume Licensing agreements.
For more information please visit the site Volume Licensing Service Center. More info: Office Sustained Engineering and Release Team
SharePoint 2013 Language Packs
- Language Packs for SharePoint Server 2013 (RTM)
- Language Packs for SharePoint Foundation 2013 (RTM)
- SharePoint Server 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- SharePoint Foundation 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Project Server 2013 Updates:
- Microsoft Project Server 2007, 2010 and 2013 February 2013 CU Announcement
- Project 2013 February 2013 CU
- Project Server 2013: March Public Updates
- Project 2013 and Project Server 2013: Language Packs
- Project Server 2013 cumulative update package (Project server-package): April 26, 2013
- KB 2817415 – Download Project Server 2013June 2013
- KB 2817615 Server Package for Project and SharePoint Server 2013
- KB 2837668– Project Server fixes, Oct. 2013
- KB 2849988– Project Server localized fixes, Oct. 2013
- KB 2880553– Project Server 2013 SP1
- KB 2889959 – Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU
Other Related Links:
Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
How to install update packages on a SharePoint farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
Software updates overview for SharePoint 2013
SharePoint patching demystified
What’s New in SharePoint 2013?