When planning for migration to Windows 7, specific knowledge about each computer on the network and its readiness for migration is essential. Manually conducting a detailed network inventory is time consuming and costly; and existing assessment management tools typically require software agent installation on each machine, creating a security risk. How do you gather comprehensive knowledge about your existing IT environment quickly and cost effectively? The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 4.0 Beta gathers essential infrastructure information to answer the question “are your PCs ready for Windows 7?” This tool also assists you with Windows Server 2008 R2 readiness assessment.
What is the MAP Toolkit?
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is a powerful inventory, assessment and reporting tool that securely assesses IT environments for various platform migrations and virtualization without the use of any software agents. This versatile toolkit:
· Quickly discovers clients, servers, and applications across your IT environment
· Conducts migration and virtualization assessment for your IT projects
· Auto-generates reports and proposals
· Scales well to small businesses and large enterprises
Accelerate Your Migration to Windows 7
Quickly and effectively collect the detailed infrastructure information you need for planning your migration to Windows 7. Create a client inventory report, and let MAP 4.0 analyze the data to assess Windows 7 readiness for your unique IT environment.
With MAP 4.0, you get the following reports and proposals for migration to Windows 7:
· Hardware Inventory Proposal. Identify currently installed Windows Client operating systems, detailed analysis of hardware and device compatibility, and recommendations for migration to Windows 7.
· PC Security Report. Identify desktops with anti-virus and anti-malware programs installed and Windows Firewall status.
Register to join the MAP 4.0 Beta program today! (Live ID and registration required.)