I just found out that with the correct version of WLW you can install it without all the steps I described below.
Download WLW from: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials and just install on Windows 10.
Sorry for being quiet for some time on this blog. One of the reasons was that I was not able to install Windows Live Writer on my Windows 10 devices. Yesterday I found out that there is a way to get Windows Live Writer installed on Windows 10 devices.
I followed the following steps.
- Download Windows Live Writer installation files from http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe
- Save wlsetup-all.exe file in a folder. Example: c:\temp
- Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
- Navigate within command prompt to location where you saved wlsetup-all.exe file.
Within the command prompt type: cd c:\temp (if that's the location where you saved the wlsetup-all.exe file)
- Type: wlsetup-all.exe /AppSelect:Writer /q /log:C:\temp\Writer.Log /noMU /noHomepage /noSearch
- Hit enter
Hopes this helps.