The product group released the June 2018 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2016 product family.
The KB articles for June 2018 CU are available at the following location:
- KB 4022173 - June 2018 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent) - This is also a security update!
- KB 4022178 - June 2018 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent fixes)
- KB 4011026 - June 2018 Update for Office Online Server 2016 - This is also a security update!
The download for June 2018 CU is available through the following link:
- Download June 2018 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent) - This is also a security update!
- Download June 2018 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent fixes)
- Download June 2018 Update for Office Online Server 2016 - This is also a security update!
Important: It is required to install both fixes (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 June 2018 CU Build Numbers:
Language independent fix: 16.0.4705.1000
Language dependent fix: 16.0.4705.1000
To understand the different version numbers please have a look at my article which explains the different SharePoint build numbers.
You can use the SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module to identify the patch level of all SharePoint components.
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint Server 2016
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: June 2018 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.