The product group released the April 2017 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2016 product family.
This CU also includes Feature Pack 1 which was released with November 2016 CU.
The KB articles for April 2017 CU are available at the following location:
- KB 3178718 - April 2017 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent)
- KB 3178721 - April 2017 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent fixes)
- KB 3127895 - April 2017 Update for Office Online Server 2016 – this is also a security update!
The download for April 2017 CU is available through the following link:
- Download April 2017 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent)
- Download April 2017 SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent fixes)
- Download April 2017 Office Online Server 2016 – this is also a security update!
Be aware that as well the language independent and the language dependent fix is required to fully patch a SharePoint server as each SharePoint installation comes with a language independent component and a language dependent component. If additional language pack are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 April 2017 CU Build Numbers:
Language Independent fix: 16.0.4522.1000
Language Dependent fix: 16.0.4522.1000
To understand the different version numbers please have a look at my article which explains the different SharePoint build numbers.
You can use the SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module to identify the patch level of all SharePoint components.
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: April 2017 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.