The product group released the April 2016 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2016 product family.
This is the first CU for SharePoint Server 2016 after RTM.
The KB article for April 2016 CU is available at the following location:
- KB 2920721 - SharePoint Server 2016 April 2016 CU
The download for April 2016 CU is available through the following link:
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 April 2016 CU Build Number: 16.0.4366.1000
This CU does not update the configuration database schema - so the configuration database schema version is not increased by installing the CU.
You can use the SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module to identify the patch level of your SharePoint components.
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: April 2016 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module