The product group released the January 2016 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For January 2016 CU we have released only fixes for Project server. The fix below is a full server package (also known as Uber package). No other CU is required to fully patch Project Server. To patch SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint Server 2010 installations to the latest patch level please install December 2015 CU.
This CU includes all Project Server 2010 fixes (including all Project Server and SharePoint 2010 security fixes) released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for January CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- There is no January 2016 CU for SharePoint Foundation 2010
- There is no January 2016 CU for SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 3114556 - Project Server 2010
The Full Server Packages for January 2016 CU are already available through the following links:
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
- SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- January 2016 Office Update Release
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products