The product group released the May 2015 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
For May 2015 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages). No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
May CU solves the problem with the different SP1 baselines introduced in April CU. May CU can be installed as well on the old and on the new SP1 baseline!
Another issue that is resolved in May CU is that the server proofing tools no longer have to be updated separately. They are included in the relevant server packages listed below.
Be aware that all Updates for SharePoint 2013 require SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 to be installed first.
Please also have a look at the article that discusses how to properly patch a SharePoint 2013 farm which has Search enabled (see below).
Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Because of the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file, while the others contain the CAB file. All are necessary and must be placed in the same folder to successfully install the update. All are available by clicking the same Hotfix Download Available link in the KB article for the release.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2013 fixes released since SP1. The CU does not include SP1. You need to install SP1 before installing this CU.
The KB articles for May CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 3039747 - SharePoint Foundation 2013 May 2015 CU
- KB 3039780 - SharePoint Server 2013 May 2015 CU
- KB 3039753 - SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server May 2015 CU
- KB 3039748 - Office Web Apps Server 2013 May 2015 CU - This is also a security fix!
The Full Server Packages for May 2015 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 May 2015 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 May 2015 CU
- Download Project Server 2013 May 2015 CU
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 May 2015 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2013 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Support for SharePoint 2013 RTM has ended
- May 2015 Office Update Release
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013