The product group released the October 2014 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
Please also have a look at the article that discusses how to properly patch a SharePoint 2013 farm which has Search enabled (see below).
Also be aware that in October no so called "Server" or "Uber" packages have been released instead only fix packages for individual components of SharePoint have been released. That means if your SharePoint system is on an older patch level than September 2014 CU you need to install September 2014 CU before installing the below listed October 2014 CU fixes in order to update your system to the latest patch level.
With other words: It is highly recommended to install SP1 and September 2014 CU before installing October 2014 CU!
See SharePoint Patching Demystified for details.
Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Because of the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file, while the others contain the CAB file. All are necessary and must be placed in the same folder to successfully install the update. All are available by clicking the same Hotfix Download Available link in the KB article for the release.
This CU does NOT(!) include all SharePoint 2013 fixes previously released! It is recommended to install September 2014 CU before installing this CU.
The CU does not include SP1! You can install SP1 before or after installing this CU.
The KB articles for October CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 2889946 - SharePoint Foundation 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2899469, KB 2880962, KB 2880485 - SharePoint Server 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2752098 - Fix for SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentum (if installed)
- KB 2889959 - Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU
- KB 2889898 - Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU
The Packages for October 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889946
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2899469, 2880962, 2880485
- Download SharePoint 2013 Indexing Connector for Documentum October 2014 CU: 2752098
- Download Project Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889959
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 October 2014 CU: 2889898
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that for SharePoint Server you have to install the SharePoint Foundation fixes as well! Same for Project Server where you have to install the SharePoint Foundation and the SharePoint Server fixes.
- SharePoint Server 2013 September CU
- SharePoint Server 2013 SP1
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Common question: why does the version number on the "Servers in Farm" page not change after installing October CU?
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013 SP1