SharePoint 2013 language pack SP1 "slipstream" installations are now available

One missing piece in the SharePoint 2013 SP1 release were slipstream installation files for the language packs.

These should be available soon on download center on the following link:

Currently you will only find the english language pack there due to delays in localization of the download center information but you can already download all the language packs using the direct links below.

SharePoint Server 2013 Language Packs with SP1:

SharePoint Foundation 2013 Language Packs with SP1:

1. anonymouscommenter says:

2. anonymouscommenter says:

3. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi, Stefan.
    Where I can find "slistream" installations Language Pack SP1 for SharePoint Foundation 2013?

4. Hi Roman, this is not yet available.
    You would need to create it yourself if required.

5. Hi Roman,
    short update: the article above includes now also the information about the “slipstream” installations for SharePoint Foundation 2013 language packs.

6. anonymouscommenter says:

Stefan, I'm clearly not as wide awake as I should be but I can't see in this article anything about a slipstream installation and when I go to the first link it looks just like the completely normal SP1 Language Pack and not any slipstream version.
    So please explain what I'm missing!

7. Hi Mike,

I used “slipstream” in quotes to show what it means.
    These are the language packs which include SP1 already.
    They are no service packs for the language packs.

8. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks Stefan. Your explanation is clear and understandable. I do think that the title used in the download page ("Language Packs (SP1) for SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 ") isn't as clear.

Now that I have your explanation I know what it means but imo I think a better title on the Microsoft page would be "Language Packs for SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 " because the addition of "(SP1)" just makes you think it is a Language Pack SP1. Better still a text there using your words – "These are the language packs which include SP1 already.
    They are no service packs for the language packs.." Better additional text on that page than confusion!

9. Hi Stefan,
    are there already “Slipstream” Languagepacks for “Office Web Apps Server 2013 with SP1” available
    like the ones you provided us for SharePoint?

Thanks for any info, Peter!

10. Hi Peter,
    afaik there is no plan to release such a slipstream version.

11. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for sharing these useful links!

12. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi Stefan,When i click on the link for SP1 LP (eg: ,it looks like this is base LP version ? After installing in control panel ,under Installed updates also there is no reference of SP1 LP being installed. Is this expected ? Shouldnt the file name be ServerLanguagePack_SP1_x64_ro-ro.img instead of ServerLanguagePack_x64_ro-ro.img ?

13. Hi Abhishek,

in a perfect world the file name would contain “SP1” – but we do not live in a perfect world.

14. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks Stefan for the clarification 🙂 .As in control panel under installed updates ,it does not have LP SP1 reference ,just wanted to make sure.One last question ,as MS has pulled out SP2013 SP1 patch & also LP SP1 is not available ( ) ,please confirm if the Slip stream SP1 patch version is not impacted by the issue mentioned in the link "" &

15. The bits with SP1 included (“slipstream”) are not affected.

16. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks a Stefan for the clarification,This post has been really helpful.We were in the process of building a new SP2013 SP1 farm

17. anonymouscommenter says:

I can confirm, that at least the above download for "ServerLanguagePack_x64_de-de.img with SP1" does NOT include SP1. It shows Build Version 15.0.4420.1017 which is RTM, whereas Sp1 LangPack is 15.0.4571.1502

18. anonymouscommenter says:

Thanks Stefan

19. Hi Thomas,

I just double checked and the language pack you mentioned has MSIVersion=”15.0.4569.1506″. That is SP1.

20. anonymouscommenter says:

Hi Stefan, my SP2013 farm (SP1) has French language pack RTM. Based on this posting I am trying to install French language pack SP1 by running setup.exe. Is that the right thing to do?

When I run the setup I get an error msg, which is in French, "Le package d'installation source pour le produit 'Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 1036 Lang Pack' n'est pas synchronizé avec le package client. Essayez d'installer à nouveau en utilisant une
    copie valide du package d'installation 'wssmui.msi'."

When I searched this online people referred to a mismatch between the setup files in the language pack RTM and SP1.

21. Hi John,

you cannot install the language pack with SP1 on top of the language pack. You need to install SP1 for the language pack instead:

22. anonymouscommenter says:

Awesome listing, thanks a lot.

23. anonymouscommenter says:

I have 5 language packs installed on my SP 2013. we are planning to upgrade to SP1 now. Does it means I have to install Sharepont 2013 SP1 followed by Language Packs SP1 for all Languages??

24. Hi RK,

yes thats correct.

25. anonymouscommenter says:

If you want it "close to the metal" without installing a server OS, you can now decide for

26. anonymouscommenter says:

You can use 7zip or Winzip to extract an IMG to a drive. Then you are fine, and all files appear to break out like you expect. I just did it locally then copied the break out of the folder to the servers but you could do it on the server if you have a
    winzip or 7 zip or alike tool on the server.

27. anonymouscommenter says:

Keep in mind, you must install each language separately, so get a list from your business customers first before doing all of them!!! It's a long list to download.

28. I just checked both pages for Language Pack with slipstreamed SP1 and standalone SP1, and for some reason Bosnian is missing from the available downloads (bs-BA). Is there a specific reason why its not included? What would be the consequences of running
    SP2013+SP1+Sep2014 CU with LIP for SP2013 (non-updated)?