Service Pack 1 for SharePoint 2013 is now available for download (updated)

The SP1 update for SharePoint 2013 server products are available from the Microsoft Download Center today, as well as from Microsoft Update and the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) catalog.

Have a look at the following KB articles for more details about SharePoint 2013 SP1:

• KB 2817439 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 SP1
  • KB 2817429 – SharePoint Server 2013 SP1
  • KB 2817434 – Project Server 2013 SP1
  • KB 2817431 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 SP1

Service Pack 1 also includes a rollup of all Cumulative Updates through December 2013, and all Public Updates through January 2014.

Important: Project Server 2013 SP1 does NOT include SharePoint Server 2013 SP1! You need to install both on Project Server 2013.

Download links for SP1:

A detailed list of fixes can be found in the following file:

Regarding the installation ensure to follow all guidelines on the following page:

Version and Build Number of SP1: 15.0.4569.1506.

For more details on SP1 visit the following announcement:

2. On request I have now added direct download links for SP1 and added information about SharePoint Foundation.

3. Daniel says:

I cant find any info that SP1 fixes the issue with Dashboard Designer that occurs after December CU. Anyone else found something about that?

4. Hi Daniel, the issue should be fixed in SP1.

5. As I received a question on this offline: Project Server 2013 SP1 does not include SharePoint Server 2013 SP1. You need to install both. Article above is updated now to include this info.

6. Jason Warren says:

Hi Stefan, I’ve gone through the KB articles and it’s not clear to me whether SP1 supports Windows Server 2012 R2. Can you comment on this? Hopefully it’s just me not being able to parse these documents so early in the morning 🙂

7. sowmyan says:

If we set up a new env. , then does the installation sequence follows below is valid?

SharePoint 2013 RTM + March PU + SP1? Or can we skip March PU ?

8. Daniel R says:

I want to say 'thanks' for your blog. A MSC guy turned me on to you a while back, and you've religiously kept us up-to-date with each update as they come out, known issues, etc. Much easier to parse than the "Office Sustained Engineering Blog" IMO.

9. Hi Jason,

it is supported – but to install SharePoint 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2 you need to wait for the release of the SP1 slipstream version.

10. Jason Warren says:

Thank you Stefan. That makes sense. I already know the answer to this, but I have to ask anyway: Any clues to when SP1 slipsteam will come out? 🙂

11. Hi Jason,

I will inform on my blog as soon as it is available.

12. sowmyan says:

Hi Stefan,

Could you please confirm the sequence of installation without slipstream.

Does this follows correct ? SP 2013 RTM + March PU + SP1

13. Hi Sowmyan,

SP2013 RTM + SP1.

14. sowmyan says:

15. Emanuel Medeiros says:

Hi Stefan, and MSDN slipstream media? Any clues?

16. Hi Emanuel, please read above. “I will inform on my blog as soon as it is available.”

Dwa dni temu zostały opublikowane pakiety SP1 do produktów SharePoint, Project Server, Office

18. Fredrik Lundell says:

Keep up the good work! It´s truly useful. Now to my question:
    What about languagepack for OfficeWebApps?
    Where can I find that?

19. Hi Frederik,

looking here it seems that all languages are included:
    (expand Resolution, File Version, Microsoft Office Web Apps Server 2013 Language Pack SP1)

20. Rune Mariboe says:

Hi Stefan
    This is great news – thanks for sharing!
    In the top, you are linking to the SharePoint Foundation Language Pack SP1 KB ( rather than the one intended; – you may want to fix that 🙂

22. Bruno E says:

Hi Stefan
    Thank you so much! Do you have an idea when the updated Language Packs (the ones including SP1) will be available?

23. Hi Bruno,

not right now – I will do a follow up on this internally and post an update here as soon as I have more info.

24. Saji Viswam says:

Why isn't any of the download links (from this article and corresponding KB articles) working? Getting a page with message "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." when clicking on the links.

25. Tiago Felizol says:

Hi Stefan,
    do you know if the latest binaries of sharepoint 2013 includes the latest cumulative updates ?
    thanks in advance
    Tiago Felizol

26. Hi Tiago,

no they don’t as we recommend to install cumulative updates only if you are affected by a specific issue fixed in the CU or if advised by Microsoft support.
    Service Packs are more intensively tested than CUs.