The product group recently released the March 2013 Public Update (PU) for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
Important: Due to a change in the package configuration introduced after SharePoint 2013 RTM the March Public update is a mandatory requirement in order to install subsequent SharePoint 2013 Updates.
That means that in order to install future cumulative updates for SharePoint 2013 it will be mandatory to first install the March public update.
- KB 2768000 - SharePoint Foundation 2013
- KB 2767999 - SharePoint Server 2013
- KB 2768001 - Project Server 2013
The Full Server Packages for March 2013 PU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 March 2013 PU
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 March 2013 PU
- Download Project Server 2013 March 2013 PU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2013 PU contains the SharePoint Foundation PU. And the Project Server 2013 PU contains SharePoint Server PU and SharePoint Foundation PU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
Related Update Center: