The product group released the April 2012 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2007 and 2010 product family.
The April Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the April CU.
The April Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2007 is a Post-SP3 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP3 is installed before the April CU.
The KB articles for April CU can be found at the following locations (they should be available in a couple of days):
- KB 2598130 – WSS 3.0
- KB 2598129 – MOSS 2007
- KB 2598321 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2598151 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2598152 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for April 2012 CU are available through the following links:
- Download WSS 3.0 April 2012 CU
- Download MOSS 2007 April 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 April 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 April 2012 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server April 2012 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
If you need other April 2012 fixes from the Office 2007 and Office 2010 product family have a look at these KB articles:
Related Update Centers: