October 2011 CU for SharePoint 2007 has been re-released

In an earlier post I outlined problems when installing October 2011 CU for SharePoint 2007 on top of Service Pack 3.

Meanwhile October 2011 CU for SharePoint 2007 has been rereleased. If you are going to download October 2011 CU for SharePoint 2007 now you will not have problems when trying to install the fix on top of Service Pack 3.

1. rene.hezser@live.netatwork.de says:

The link is not working. This seems to be the correct download link: support.microsoft.com/…/2596540

René

2. Steven Van de Craen says:

Do we only need the MOSS 2007 packages or is WSS 3.0 affected as well ? Do you have version numbers to show the working/faulty ones ?

3. ML49448 says:

I downloaded kb2596540 yesterday an run in exactly in  the SP3 problem.

Kb2596540 seems to be the buggy release.

@Stefan where can we download the re-reased version??

Michael

4. ML49448 says:

now I downloaded kb2596540 again and run in the same error as with the version of  kb2596540  from tomorrow morning.

support.microsoft.com/…/KBHotfix.aspx

Regards Michael

5. Stefan Goßner says:

Hi Michael,

the rereleased version has been released with the same KB article.

I tested 2596540 two days ago and it worked fine.

The extracted file I used (office-kb2596540-fullfile-x86-glb.exe) has the following file size: 107.185.960 bytes.

It is dated Nov 1st, 2011.

Did you test the 32-bit or the 64-bit version?

What is the filesize, date and name of your extracted file?

Cheers,

Stefan

6. ML49448 says:

Hi Stefan,

thx for the quick response;-)

I use office-kb2596540-fullfile-x64-glb.exe with 114.298.128 byte

the Modidydate is 1.11.2011 04:40

Regards Michael

7. Stefan Goßner says:

Ok, don't have a 64-bit version avail right now. I will test shortly.

Cheers,

Stefan

8. Stefan Goßner says:

Hi Michael,

we just completed the test with the 64 bit version.

We installed SP3 for WSS and MOSS and afterwards October CU.

Everything worked fine. No problem.

The file size and date is the same as in your scenario.

With other words: we are not able to reproduce the problem you mentioned and it seems not to be a general problem with the package.

I would recommend to open a support case to allow us to investigate further why the installation fails on your system.

Cheers,

Stefan

9. fabien says:

Hi Stefan, Michael,

I have exactly the same issue on a french MOSS farm (64 bit version).

Did you resolved it ?

Regards,

Fabien

10. Stefan Goßner says:

Hi Fabien,

I haven't seen a case on this.

Michael: did you open a support case for this?

Cheers,

Stefan

11. Deb says:

If you are still hitting this issue on the re-released patches, a workaround is to use the switch to override the detection check.

PACKAGE.BYPASS.DETECTION.CHECK=1