The product group released the delayed August 2011 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the August Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the August CU.
The KB articles for August CU (2007 and 2010) can be found at the following locations:
- KB 2553022 - WSS 3.0
- KB 2553020 - MOSS 2007
- KB 2553050 - SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2553048 - SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2553049 - SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for August 2011 CU are available through the following links:
- Download WSS 3.0 August 2011 CU
- Download MOSS 2007 August 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 August 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 August 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server August 2011 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Related Update Centers:
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products