Yesterday the product group released the October 2010 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2007 and 2010 product family.
The KB articles are not yet available (as usual it will take a couple more days to get these through the required release process) but the fixes can already be downloaded.
As soon as the KB articles are live they can be found at the following locations:
- KB 2412268 - WSS 3.0
- KB 2412267 - MOSS 2007
- KB 2394323 - SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2394320 - SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2394322 - SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for October 2010 CU can be downloaded here:
- Download WSS 3.0 October 2010 CU
- Download MOSS 2007 October 2010 CU
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 October 2010 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 October 2010 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server October 2010 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
For the 2010 Server Products it is sufficient to install the SharePoint Server 2010 package as it includes the SharePoint Foundation package.
Related Update Centers:
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products