Angus is currently at the PDC and he is blogging about all anouncements made on the future of SharePoint and MCMS.
Here is a summary of all anouncements made yesterday:
- WSS SP2 will be shipping by end of the month. It will support ASP.NET 2.0 web parts (be aware that SPS will not support ASP.NET 2.0 web parts)
- SharePoint V3 will support ASP.NET 2.0 Web Parts
- SharePoint vNext has build in schedular - now it's possible to use the SPSchedule object to setup a process to run a specific time. No longer a need for scheduled VBS files and custom windows services
- SharePoint vNext will ship with XSD's - There wil be XSD's to validate all XML documents. In VS.NET 2005 will be intellisense support from XSD to allow easy editing of XML
- SharePoint vNext has security trimming (ie. context based display) - e.g. a delete link will only be displayed if the current user is allowed to delete the document!
And beside that Angus provided a brain dump on all new Office 12 Server features: