This is a blog post of a new ongoing series of consolidated updates from the Cloud Platform team.
In today’s mobile first, cloud first world, Microsoft provides the technologies and tools to enable enterprises to embrace a cloud culture. Our differentiated innovations, comprehensive mobile solutions and developer tools help all of our customers realize the true potential of the cloud first era.
You expect cloud-speed innovation from us, and we’re delivering across the breadth of our Cloud Platform product portfolio. Below is a consolidated list of our latest releases to help you stay current, with links to additional details if you’d like more information. In this update:
- Azure AD: Pass-through authentication | Public Preview
- Microsoft Azure Information Protection | Scoped Polices, HYOK, CLP for non-Office and more
- Microsoft Intune | November release
- Microsoft R – V9 Release- All Platforms | GA
- Azure SQL DB build multi-tenant apps | Elastic pools new sizes
- Power BI Desktop | GA
- Power BI Service | GA
- Analytics Platform System 2016 | Public Preview
- Azure SQL DB protects and secures data | QDS by default-GA
- DocumentDB in Brazil South | GA
- BizTalk Server | GA
- Operations Management Suite | Service Map Launch
- Single Instance VM SLA | GA
- Azure Advisor | Public Preview
- Azure IoT Gateway SDK | GA
- Azure IoT Hub | GA: Device Management
- System Center Configuration Manager | GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure App Service GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Batch GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Import/Export Service GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Redis Cache GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Service Fabric GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure VM Scale Sets and VM series expansion GA
- US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Log Analytics and Microsoft OMS Portal GA
Enterprise Mobility + Security
Azure AD: Pass-through authentication | Public Preview
We are making several announcements to help improve and simplify securing and managing your critical data. You can learn more about all of these announcements here.
Pass-through authentication provided by Azure Active Directory enables users to login to cloud resources by validating their password against their on-premises local Active Directory. This feature allows customers that cannot or don’t want to store passwords in the cloud to onboard Azure Active Directory and Office 365 without having to modify their corporate network infrastructure and install products such as ADFS or similar 3rd party federation solutions.
Pass-through authentication is available via Azure AD Connect as the 3rd option of authentication along with Password Sync and ADFS.
Additionally, with this new update, both “Pass-through authentication” and “Password Sync” authentication options will provide seamless single sign-on to Azure AD connected applications from Windows devices, as ADFS was offering until now.
Learn more from the Azure Active Directory blog.
Microsoft Azure Information Protection | Scoped Polices, HYOK, CLP for non-Office and more
We are making several announcements to help improve and simplify securing and managing your critical data. Learn more about all of these announcements.
On Oct 4, we announced the general availability of Azure Information Protection. Today, we’re sharing some important enhancements to the service that will help bring greater flexibility in treating your data appropriately and provide a better experience for users. This round of updates include:
- Scoped Policies (Preview) so you can make labels available to users based on group membership
- A new unified Windows client that combines the RMS Sharing app with the AIP client (Preview)
- Manual (right-click) labeling and protection for non-Office files (Preview)
- Classification and labeling for data at rest using PowerShell (Preview)
- Client side event logs for labeling and protection events for debugging
- Hold Your Own Key (HYOK) moves from Preview to General Availability
- Cloud App Security (MCAS) integration to extend visibility and control over data in cloud
To get detailed information about these updates, please read the Azure Information Protection blog.
Microsoft Intune | November release
Public preview of Intune on Azure begins in December
We are making several announcements to help improve and simplify securing and managing your critical data. You can learn more about all of these announcements here.
In early 2017 we will be migrating our Intune admin experience onto the Azure portal, allowing for powerful and integrated management of core EMS workflows on a modern service platform that’s extensible using Graph APIs.
In advance of the general availability of this portal for all Intune tenants, we’re excited to announce the public preview of this experience for new trial tenants. During this preview period, capabilities and parity with the existing Intune console will be delivered iteratively, so please check back regularly to see what’s new. You can get information on how to set up a new trial tenant here.
For existing Intune customers
The new Intune admin experience in the Azure portal will use the already announced new grouping and targeting functionality—when your existing tenant is migrated to the new grouping experience you will also be migrated to preview the new admin experience on your tenant. In the meantime, if you want to test or look at any of the new functionality until your tenant is migrated, sign up for a new Intune trial account or look at the new documentation located here.
If you have any questions about the timeline for your tenant’s migration, contact our migration team at email@example.com.
New in Intune: More conditional access features and App SDK updates to support MAM without enrollment.
New conditional access features
Conditional access is one of the signature experiences from Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security, bringing together the power of Intune and Azure Active Directory Premium to allow you to define policies that provide contextual control at the user, location, device and app levels.
We’re excited to announce these new features that further expand our conditional access capabilities to mobile applications and Windows PCs:
- Conditional access for mobile apps
This update allows you to restrict access to Exchange Online from only apps that are enabled with Intune’s mobile application protection policies, such as Outlook. This gives you a way to block access to Exchange Online from built-in mail clients or other apps.
- Conditional access for Windows PCs
You can now create conditional access policies through the Intune admin console to block Windows PCs from accessing Exchange Online and SharePoint Online. You can also create conditional access policies to block access to Office desktop and universal applications.
Intune App SDK – now supports MAM without device enrollment
We are happy to announce that at this time all of our SDK tools have been updated to support MAM without enrollment scenarios. Whether you’re creating apps the world knows and loves, or an in-house developer creating LOB apps to fit the unique needs of your team, there’s never been a better time to use our SDK. You can download the Intune App SDK, App Wrapping Tool, Cordova plugin, and Xamarin component here on Github.
Visit the What’s New in Microsoft Intune page for more on these and other recent developments in Intune.
Data + Analytics
Microsoft R – V9 Release- All Platforms | GA
Microsoft R is an analytics solution that enables your organization to build mission-critical applications on the rich innovation of Microsoft and the open-source R community, so you can make the most of your existing IT and analytics investments. It supports a variety of scenarios from small data sets on your local machine, to larger data clusters on- premises, in the cloud, or both. With solutions that work with your preferred tools and data assets, you can utilize your data at scale to create new insights with greater confidence and ease, both today and in the future. Additionally, Microsoft R allows you to leverage Microsoft’s industry-leading innovation in artificial intelligence (AI) and the open source community to discover new insights faster, so you can capture new opportunities with confidence. Finally, with Microsoft R, you can confidently and quickly develop and directly deploy models to production at scale and with enterprise grade security and support.
- Adapt to the needs of your business
- Leverage AI innovation to create value and capture new opportunities
- Confidently extend mission-critical business applications with advanced analytics
Benefits to our clients
With solutions that work with your preferred tools and data assets, you can analyze your data at scale to create new insights with greater confidence and ease, both today and in the future.
Leverage Microsoft’s industry-leading innovation in artificial intelligence (AI) and the open source community to discover new insights faster, so you can capture new opportunities with confidence.
Confidently and quickly develop and directly deploy models to production at scale and with enterprise grade security and support.
Flexibility to bring analytics to where your data lives
- With the flexibility to analyze your data no matter where it lives, whether on premises, in the cloud or hybrid, you can maximize the value of your data across existing IT investments such as Hadoop/Spark, SQL, Teradata, Windows or Linux.
- Train your predictive models in one environment, and easily score them in another, so you can maximize the value of data across your enterprise to create new insights and models that drive better business outcomes.
Enable your team to leverage their preferred tools
- By leveraging their preferred tools, such as R Studio, RTVS, Jupyter Notebook, SS*S, R Client, your data scientists can use the optimal tool and language for each data science process.
Adapts to technology shifts and your future needs
- With the ability to adapt and change to future needs, you get stability in the face of future platform changes.
- Partner with Microsoft, a machine learning (ML) leader, to bring innovation to you that will scale with your business.
Leverage the best of open source and Microsoft innovations
- With over 9,000 packages in the community, you can effectively embrace and leverage learnings and innovation from the open source community. (9,000+ CRAN R packages)
- Leverage scalable and innovative new capabilities derived from Microsoft’s own enterprise businesses, such as Bing, Office and Xbox, so you can innovate faster in your own business.
Easily scale your analytics to big data
- With flexibility in how you create and scale your analytics, you can easily expand your analytics from small data sets to big data. [Microsoft R’s transparent parallelized algorithms]
- With the flexibility to create customized scalable and distributable analytics, you can scale your business analytics to the needs of your organization – even as those needs change over time.
Build AI-enabled intelligent apps
- Provide the latest technologies for accelerating advanced machine learning (ML) by supporting Graphics Processing Units (GPUs)
- Bring analytics to life with cognitive services including computer vision, speech and language analysis, knowledge, and search. (Future roadmap)
Best in class deployment experience
- Reduce time and error by deploying directly without model conversion.
- Increase deployment flexibility with the ability to model in one environment, deploy to another.
- Easily deploy predictive models you create onto a variety of platforms, so you have more choice in how you deploy and integrate with systems you already have.
- Create business critical applications at scale with security features that protect your enterprise from unauthorized access to sensitive business data.
- Eliminate unnecessary data movement to reduce security risks, so you can feel more confident about managing your vital business data.
Scale predictions to production quickly and effectively
- Analyze large datasets in-memory for maximum performance without memory or performance limitations.
- Scale analytics from individual servers to large clusters as demands change, so you can change as the needs of your business change.
Trusted Enterprise level support
- Deploy with confidence knowing you have 24×7 support from a trusted technology leader – Microsoft.
- Supports R Server in various Hadoop, Spark, Linux, Windows, SQL Server and Teradata environments, so you can choose the platform that works best for your needs and integrates with what you already have.
Azure SQL DB build multi-tenant apps | Elastic pools new sizes
New performance choices for Azure SQL Database elastic pools
New elastic pool sizes and pools with higher database limits are now available in Azure SQL Database. These new elastic pool choices lower the starting price for pools, decrease the effective cost per database, and reduce price jumps between pool size choices. The larger elastic pool choices with higher database bursting limits in the Premium tier are for those with especially demanding workloads. For more information about pricing, please visit the SQL Database Pricing webpage. To learn more about SQL Database, please visit the SQL Database webpage.
Power BI Desktop | GA
New and most frequently requested Power BI Desktop features are now available to business analysts.
- Enhancements to Report view: make sure your visuals are lined up for a pixel-perfect report with these new features: scrolling for phone reports, dropdown slicer, hierarchical axis, matrix conditional formatting, table & matrix column formatting, and axis label and title color control.
- New analytics capabilities: always focused on transforming insights into action, this month we’re adding clustering (preview), forecasting (now available on Power BI service), and new groups entry point.
- Additional data connectors: users can now utilize Spark DQ, help improve the performance of complicated data models accessed through an OData feed, enjoy an enhanced “combine binaries” experience, connect to Azure Analysis Services, and utilize improvements to the refresh of cloud based data sources.
- Query editing improvements: enhanced “function authoring” experience, support for percentage data type, and the addition of Maximize/Restore buttons in the Navigator and Query Dependencies dialogs.
Power BI Service | GA
More new and most frequently requested Power BI features are now available to end users and business analysts in the month of December.
Country-based cloud availability: Power BI is now live in the UK, Canada, Japan, China and Germany (before year-end). Power BI in the UK, Canada, and Japan will have their data reside in-country. Customers who are in the EU will have the choice to subscribe to Microsoft Cloud Germany (Power BI Pro); customers who are in China will have the choice to subscribe to China specific cloud.
Microsoft Flow integration: by combining the power of Power BI data alerts with the hundreds of actions available for Flow, we’re making it easier than ever to go from insight to deep, meaningful action.
New analytics capability: with forecasting, users can see their forecasting in reports and pinned tiles on the web as well as create new forecasts in web report editing experience.
Download PBIX: developed in collaboration with Desktop team, this feature lets users easily move between desktop and web. Download the reports uploaded from desktop back as PBIX files, and then reopen them in desktop. *Note that users will still not be able to download the reports directly created in the web.
Making administration easier: assign specific users access to the Admin Portal for printing dashboards and reports, without giving them Office 365 global admin access.
Enhancements to auditing: add Pro Trial and Download PBIX to log.
Export to PowerPoint: users can now export the entire Power BI report to a PowerPoint file, with each report page becoming a slide in your presentation, complete with visualizations and text boxes, all linking back to the live report in Power BI.
Enhancements to export to Excel: users can now export up to 150K to Excel.
Additions to Preview on PowerBI.com: Esri and ArcGIS Maps come together to geo-enable Microsoft Power BI with the world’s leading spatial analytics; users enjoy enhanced mapping capabilities, demographic data, and even more compelling map visualizations so you can tell your best story.
Analytics Platform System 2016 | Public Preview
Microsoft releases the latest update to Analytics Platform System
Microsoft is pleased to announce that the appliance update, Analytics Platform System (APS) 2016, has been released and is now generally available. APS is Microsoft’s scale-out Massively Parallel Processing fully integrated system for data warehouse specific workloads. This appliance update builds on the SQL Server2016 release as a foundation to bring you many value-added features. APS 2016 offers additional language coverage to support migrations from SQL Server and other platforms. It also features improved security for hybrid scenarios and the latest security and bug fixes through new firmware and driver updates. To learn more, please visit the SQL Server Blog.
Azure SQL DB protects and secures data | QDS by default-GA
Query Store now enabled by default for Azure SQL
Effective immediately, Query Store is turned on in all Azure SQL Database instances. This benefits you and the entire SQL Database platform. Query Store acts as a “flight data recorder” for the database by continuously collecting critical information about queries. It dramatically reduces resolution time in performance incidents because precollected relevant data is immediately available. You can leverage Query Store when tracking performance (and ensuring predictability) is critical.
For more information, please visit the Query Store: A flight data recorder for your database blog post, as well as the Query Store Usage Scenarios and Operating the Query Store in Azure SQL Database documentation webpages.
DocumentDB in Brazil South | GA
Azure DocumentDB now generally available in Brazil South
Pricing | DocumentDB webpage
BizTalk Server | GA
Today, we are announcing the general availability of BizTalk Server 2016. With this release, customers can connect on-premises systems to SaaS applications, leverage enterprise messaging in the cloud and take advantage of numerous Azure Services like Functions and Cognitive Services – all through the Azure Logic Apps adapter within BizTalk Server 2016. With this release, we are bringing together two of our core integration platforms – Azure Logic Apps and BizTalk Server closer to deliver comprehensive hybrid integration capabilities.
Please take a moment to learn more about what is new with BizTalk Server 2016. Get started now by downloading the BizTalk Server 2016 evaluation. As always, we want to hear from you about your experience using these products, so please be sure to share your comments with us below.
Operations Management Suite | Service Map Launch
Public Preview of OMS Service Map
Announcing the public preview of Service Map, a new solution in Operations Management Suite Insight & Analytics that presents a view of your servers as you think of them—as interconnected systems that deliver services and rely on other technologies. Service Map discovers and maps server and process dependencies in real-time, without any predefinition, and visualizes application components, service dependencies, and supporting infrastructure configuration. This helps you eliminate the guesswork of problem isolation, identify surprise connections and broken links in your environment, and perform Azure migrations knowing that critical systems and endpoints won’t be left behind. The Service Map public preview supports Windows and Linux guests, in any cloud and on-premises.
Single Instance VM SLA | GA
Over the last few months, we have done extensive work to improve availability of the Azure infrastructure, including innovative machine-learning to predict failing hardware early and offering premium storage to help improve reliability and performance of attached disks. As a result, we are announcing a new 99.9% single-instance availability SLA to better support applications that cannot easily scale beyond single VMs. We hope this enables you to move even more workloads into Azure and take advantage of the agility of the cloud without compromising on your expectations of availability.
To qualify for the single instance virtual machine SLA, all storage disks attached to the VM must be using premium storage, which offers this high level of availability and performance with up to 80,000 IOPS and 2,000 MBps of disk throughput. In addition to this new availability commitment, you can continue to build for high availability by having two or more VMs deployed in the same Availability Set or by utilizing VM Scale Sets which both provide machine isolation, network isolation, and power unit isolation across multiple virtual machines.
For more information about our SLA for Virtual Machines, please visit our SLA page. For additional information on premium storage and how to get started on migrating your workloads, visit the product page.
Azure Advisor | Public Preview
On Wednesday, November 16, we announced the public preview of Azure Advisor, a personalized recommendation engine that provides proactive best practice guidance for optimally configuring your Azure resources.
Azure Advisor analyzes your resource configuration and usage telemetry to detect risks and potential issues. It then draws on Azure best practices to recommend solutions that will reduce your cost and improve the security, performance, and reliability of your applications.
To learn more about Azure Advisor, read the launch announcement blog post.
Azure IoT Gateway SDK | GA
The Azure IoT Gateway SDK provides even more control over the network edge with a powerful framework to build, configure, and deploy edge logic that enables you to do more with Azure IoT. Whether it’s connecting legacy devices, reducing bandwidth costs, enforcing security and privacy policies, or any other data processing you choose—the IoT Gateway SDK takes care of routine tasks, so you can focus on solving the problems that really matter.
Azure IoT Hub | GA: Device Management
One of the most critical elements to a successful IoT solution is implementing a deliberate strategy for the ongoing management of devices. Following our preview of Azure IoT Hub device management earlier this year, our stellar community of developers and partners provided feedback that enabled us to introduce new features and functionality now generally available to all customers.
Azure IoT Hub device management equips IoT developers and operators with the ability to the harness the power of the Azure hyper-scale cloud to organize, monitor, query, and orchestrate changes across billions of devices. IoT operators can leverage Azure IoT Hub device management tools and applications that address many common business needs, including:
- Scale & Automation – Simple automation of routine tasks to enable management of millions of devices with a relatively small staff of operators
- Openness & Compatibility – Tailored management for a multitude of device classes, platform types, operating systems, and protocol standards
- Context Awareness – Flexible and intelligent design that accounts for the dynamic nature of manufacturing and industrial environments to preserve service reliability, machinery health, and the safety of operators and users
- Service Many Roles – Supports the workflows and process of IoT operators while also facilitating collaboration with other mission-critical technical and business roles
With the general availability of Azure IoT Hub device management to all customers, both new and existing Azure IoT Hub customers will have access to these new features and functionality:
- Device Twin – The digital representation of your physical devices that allows synchronization of device conditions and operator configuration between the cloud and device.
- Direct Methods – Apply a direct, performant action on a connected device through the cloud.
- Jobs – Broadcast and schedule device twin changes and methods to scale management operations across millions of devices.
- Queries – Create real-time, dynamic reports across device twins and jobs to attest status and health for entire device collections whether your devices are on or offline.
This functionality is available as part of the Azure IoT device SDK and the device-side support is shipping today for C, Node.js, and Python with C# and Java coming soon. In additions to these foundational building blocks, we are also making libraries available to support the following device management actions:
- Firmware Update – apply a supplied firmware image on a single device or collection of devices
- Reboot – initiate a restart on one or more devices
- Factory Reset – revert a device or collection of devices to the initial factory image and configuration
- Configuration – use the device twin desired properties to configure the behavior of one or many devices whether they are on or offline
The implementation for these actions is also available for the Raspberry Pi 2 & 3. In addition, we’re in the process of working with a broad community of IoT and industrial Internet device manufactures to bring first-party support to a much wider variety of devices.
Learn more about enhancements to Azure IoT Hub device management by reviewing our overview and get started guides. We take customer feedback very seriously, so please continue to submit your suggestions through the Azure IoT User Voice forum.
Enterprise Mobility + Security
System Center Configuration Manager | GA
Now Available: Update 1610 for System Center Configuration Manager
We are delighted to announce that we have released version 1610 for the Current Branch (CB) of System Center Configuration Manager that includes some great new features and product enhancements.
We continue to see a strong adoption of the Current Branch model by our customers. There are now more than 25,000 organizations managing more than 50 million devices with Configuration Manager version 1511 or later. Even though this is a significant milestone, we expect many more customers to upgrade to the Current Branch of Configuration Manager in the coming months, so the quality of the product continues to be a top priority for us.
Thanks to our active Technical Preview Branch community, the 1610 update includes feedback and usage data we have gathered from customers who have installed and road tested our monthly technical previews over the last few months. As always, 1610 has also been tested at scale — by real customers, in real production environments. As of today, nearly 1 million devices are being managed by the version 1610 of Configuration Manager.
1610 includes lots of new features and enhancements in Windows 10 and Office 365 management, application management, end user experience, client management and also includes new functionality for customers using Configuration Manager in hybrid mode with Microsoft Intune. Here are just few of the enhancements that are available in this update:
- Windows 10 Upgrade Analytics integration
- Office 365 Servicing Dashboard and app deployment features
- Software Updates Compliance Dashboard
- Cloud Management Gateway
For more details and to view the full list of new features in this update check out our What’s new in version 1610 of System Center Configuration Manager documentation.
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure App Service GA
Azure App Service generally available
App Service webpage
Azure App Service is now generally available in Azure Government. App Service is a cloud platform that enables developers to build, deploy, and run powerful web apps, mobile backends, and API apps that connect to data anywhere in the cloud. It is an integrated solution that streamlines development and provides powerful DevOps capabilities while meeting your needs for security, reliability, and scalability.
For more information, please visit the Create your Azure App Service App webpage or the following documentation webpages:
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Batch GA
Azure Batch generally available
Azure Batch is now generally available in Azure Government. It’s our job scheduling and compute pool management service that helps developers easily scale their compute-intensive workloads to tens, hundreds, or thousands of virtual machines without having to manage the infrastructure. As a managed service, Batch handles the heavy lifting of provisioning, monitoring, and scaling virtual machines. Once you create a Batch account, you have the resources you require, and can scale up and down as the volume of jobs and tasks change. Batch helps you handle spikes; you pay for what you use. For more information, please visit the Batch Documentation webpage.
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Import/Export Service GA
Azure Import/Export Service generally available
Azure Import/Export Service is now generally available in Azure Government. It allows migration of large amounts of data in and out of Azure Blob storage by shipping hard disk drives directly to the datacenter. This service is suitable in situations where you want to transfer several TBs of data in or out of Azure Storage, but uploading or downloading over the network is not feasible due to limited bandwidth or high network costs.
For more information, please visit the following documentation webpages:
- Use the Microsoft Azure Import/Export Service to transfer data to Blob storage
- Azure Import-Export Tool Reference
- Import Export Job Management through REST API
- Storage Import-Export Service REST API Reference
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Redis Cache GA
Azure Redis Cache generally available
Azure Redis Cache webpage
Azure Redis Cache is now generally available in Azure Government. It’s a distributed, in-memory, managed cache that helps you build highly scalable and responsive applications by providing you with fast access to your data. It’s based on the popular open-source Redis Cache, and it gives you access to a secured, dedicated Redis cache that’s managed by Microsoft.
Azure Redis Cache is offered in Basic, Standard, and Premium tiers. Basic and Standard caches are available in sizes up to 53 GB and Premium caches are available in sizes up to 530 GB. For more information, please visit the Redis Cache Documentation webpage.
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure Service Fabric GA
Azure Service Fabric generally available
Azure Service Fabric webpage
Azure Service Fabric is now generally available in Azure Government. It’s a mature, feature-rich microservices application platform with built-in support for lifecycle management, stateless and stateful services, performance at scale, constant availability, and cost efficiency. Service Fabric integrates with Azure features and services, making operations and management simpler, and leveraging the power of the Azure cloud. Service Fabric is available at no additional cost in Azure—you only pay for the underlying compute, network, and storage used by your Service Fabric cluster and microservices. For more information, please visit the Service Fabric Documentation webpage.
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Azure VM Scale Sets and VM series expansion GA
Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets and virtual machines series expansion generally available
Virtual Machine Scale Sets webpage
Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets and the virtual machines series expansion are now generally available in Azure Government. Virtual Machine Scale Sets is a way to manage Azure Virtual Machines as a group, providing easy deployment and management options, and simple ways to integrate with Azure autoscale and load balancing. If your virtual machines can all be configured the same, you can reduce the overhead of managing them individually, and elastically scale your virtual machines to match the workload. Virtual Machine Scale Sets are available at no additional cost over the compute resources being used, and are available in all regions that support Azure Resource Manager. Virtual Machines gives you the flexibility of virtualization for a wide range of computing solutions with support for Linux, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM, SAP, and more. You can select from a wide variety of virtual machine sizes, and they are billed on a per-minute basis with most including load balancing and autoscaling free of charge.
For more information, please visit the following documentation webpages:
- Virtual Machine Scale Sets Documentation
- Windows Virtual Machines Documentation
- Linux Virtual Machines Documentation
US Gov – Cloud Infrastructure | Log Analytics and Microsoft OMS Portal GA
Log Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite Portal generally available
Log Analytics webpage
Log Analytics and the Microsoft Operations Management Suite Portal are generally available in Azure Government. Log Analytics is a service in Operations Management Suite that helps you collect and analyze data generated by resources in your cloud and on-premises environments.
It gives you real-time insights using integrated search and custom dashboards to readily analyze millions of records across all your workloads and servers regardless of their physical location. You can create a Log Analytics workspace directly from the Operations Management Suite Portal for Azure Government today. Once your workspace is created, you can link it to your Azure Government subscription. In the coming weeks, Operations Management Suite will add the ability to create a workspace from the Azure portal. For more information, please visit the Azure Government Cloud Blog.
For more information on how you can try Log Analytics for free, please visit the Microsoft Operations Management Suite website.