This morning at the Worldwide Partner Conference in Houston, Microsoft Server and Tools (STB) President Satya Nadella delivered a keynote to more than 14,000 partners from around the world. In conjunction, STB announced new enterprise cloud programs and technologies to help partners help customers embrace cloud computing and big data. The news was further detailed in an Official Microsoft Blog post today, authored by Nadella.
STB news highlights include:
- New enterprise cloud programs, including:
- Cloud OS Accelerate: Together with key partners – including Cisco, NetApp, Hitachi Data Systems, Dell and HP – Microsoft is investing over $100 million. This investment will help Microsoft’s partners offset customer costs, accelerate wins, and deliver private and hybrid cloud solutions – thousands of them.
- Windows Intune Device Management Discount: To help partners embrace cloud computing and manage device proliferation, Microsoft announced a new offer that provides Windows Intune device management at a 30 percent discount for customers who are buying it as part of the Office 365 or CAL suite.
- New enterprise cloud technologies to help partners create future business solutions for their customers:
- Power BI for Office 365: A self-service business intelligence (BI) solution that combines data analysis and visualization capabilities for deeper business insights in Excel, with the power to collaborate and scale in a trusted cloud environment through Office 365.
- Preview of Application Access Enhancements to Windows Azure Active Directory: These enhancements make it possible for ISVs, CSVs and other third parties to leverage one of the largest cloud directories available today to enable a single sign-on (SSO) experience for their users, at no cost to them.
- First Look at the new Premium Edition of Windows Azure SQL Database: The premium edition delivers reserved capacity for more powerful and predictable performance in the cloud. This new capability enables system integrator, ISV, and CSV partners to raise the bar on the types of modern application services and products they can build and offer to customers. Customers and partners can sign up today for notification of preview availability.
For more information on the news delivered at WPC 2013, please visit Microsoft News Center, and follow the conversation on Twitter at #WPC2013!