This morning at TechEd North America in Orlando, Microsoft Server and Tools president Satya Nadella took the stage to deliver the opening keynote. Nadella highlighted how customers can leverage Microsoft’s comprehensive cloud solutions to transform their datacenters and modernize their applications in the era of the cloud OS for infrastructure. Nadella also emphasized how Windows Server 2012, coupled with Windows Azure, empowers customers to create, migrate, deploy and manage applications across public, private and hybrid clouds. For more context on today’s news, check out Nadella’s blog post.
Other News Highlights from today’s event include:
- The next release of Windows Intune, Microsoft’s cloud-based solution for PC and mobile device management and security, is now available for download today. In addition to management and security benefits, this new release adds people centric capabilities and upgrade rights to the latest version of Windows.
- The second Community Technology Preview (CTP) for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) will be available for public download by next week. System Center 2012 SP1 CTP2 helps customers to evaluate the new private cloud computing capabilities in the Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate and also to evaluate closer integration of their datacenters with hosted and public clouds.
- To streamline and accelerate application development and deployment, Microsoft has released a public preview of Microsoft Team Foundation Service, an application lifecycle management tool hosted on Windows Azure, now available at tfspreview.com.
- Microsoft LightSwitch, an easy-to-use development tool for quickly building applications, will now render HTML5. Integrating HTML5 into LightSwitch will enable developers using the tool to target any device or platform supporting HTML5.
- Microsoft partner news at TechEd:
- EMC today announced support for Windows Server 2012, as well as new Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track configurations with Windows Server and System Center. Check out the press release for more details.
- HP announced the availability of Windows Embedded Standard 7 on the HP t610 thin clients. Read HP’s blog for more information.
- Dell announced the availability of the new Dell vStart 1000m, a Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Validated Solution. Read the blog for more information.
For more information on the news delivered at TechEd 2012, please visit the TechEd North America 2012 Virtual Pressroom. The conversation on Twitter can be followed at #MSTechEd.