Idera Announces Support for SQL Server 2012
At the DevConnections Conference, Idera, a leading provider of SQL Server management and administration solutions, announced that their SQL diagnostic manager, SQL safe and SQL compliance manager will support SQL Server 2012 when it is generally available. The other products in Idera’s SQL Server product portfolio will support SQL Server 2012 within 90 days, after complete field compatibility testing.
For more information, view the press release here.
SQL Server 2012 and NEC Set TPC Benchmark E (TPC-E) Performance Record
NEC Corporation of America, a leading provider and integrator of advanced communications, networking and IT solutions, recently announced that the NEC Express5800/A1080a-E enterprise server with Intel Xeon processor E7 architecture achieved the fastest performance on the TPC Benchmark E (TPC-E). The results demonstrate the capabilities of SQL Server 2012 to support very high-end OLTP workloads in demanding enterprise environments as well as NEC’s commitment to deliver industry-leading SQL Server performance.
Claude Lorenson, Director, SQL Server Product Management, at Microsoft said: “The benchmark results demonstrate that the combination of NEC’s proven technology and SQL Server 2012 provide a platform that is ready for today’s most demanding workloads.”
Windows Azure Customer Momentum
Windows Azure continues to see strong customer momentum, having recently announced three new international customers – Chile South Consulting, Crumbtag and Gradatim. Each has adopted Windows Azure to scale costs and drive business growth.
- Chile South Consulting: Software service provider Signature South Consulting has used Windows Azure to successfully build and host a scalable B2B site that could handle millions of users, which has met all its needs and reduced its hosting costs by 60 percent.
- Crumbtag: A Netherlands-based online advertising startup, Crumbtag has adopted Windows Azure to meet its massive data-processing needs without buying costly IT infrastructure.
- Gradatim: An Independent software vendor based in India, Gradatim migrated to the Windows Azure cloud platform to simplify its service configuration and gain global scalability.
To learn about other companies who are deploying the Windows Azure platform, see here.
New case studies show the benefits of deploying SQL Server 2012
With the recent launch of SQL Server 2012, customers are already making the move to the new software. Customers are using features like new self-service BI tools and AlwaysOn to improve the efficiency of their business and reduce costs. Here are a few examples:
- Swedish car manufacturer Volvo Car Corporation needed to update its IT environment and improve its business intelligence (BI) capabilities. To make their overall IT system easier to manage, Volvo deployed Microsoft SQL Server 2012. The new solution is already providing tangible business improvements and productivity gains and allows both non-technical and experienced users to use BI. For more information, check out the case study.
- Bank of Nagoya needed to make better use of its customer data and ensure nonstop operation of the bank systems. It upgraded to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 data management software to test the SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn high-availability feature and the xVelocity feature, which improves database query speeds. Even in its early stage of deployment, the Bank of Nagoya has seen dramatic improvements in query speeds—from 30 minutes to 3 seconds. For more information, check out the case study.
Case studies from other customers such as Menlo Worldwide Logistics, Microsoft IT, BNZ, and Anglia Support Partnership show even more real-world examples of the benefits of deploying SQL Server 2012. For more case studies, please visit the SQL Server customer story website and the Microsoft case studies website.