This morning, Microsoft kicked off Tech•Ed North America with a keynote from corporate vice presidents Robert Wahbe and Jason Zander, which focused on the benefits its partners and customers are getting from Microsoft’s cloud and development platforms. Highlights from today’s announcements:
- Customers HSBC and Travelocity announced they are using Microsoft public and private cloud solutions to grow their business.
- HSBC, a worldwide financial services firm, announced they will use Hyper-V in combination with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) to further simplify management of its infrastructure.
- Travelocity, a global online travel agency, showcased how they chose Windows Azure to deploy their Java-based critical analytics system in the cloud in just two months.
- Through the Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track program, NetApp has teamed with Cisco to develop a private cloud solution, the NetApp Hyper-V Fast Track with Cisco data center architecture. The Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track program, introduced at TechEd Europe in November 2010, enables Microsoft and its partners to deliver a broad choice of predefined, validated configurations to accelerate private cloud deployments which help customers improve management and reduce costs.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) technologies for the next version of Microsoft Visual Studio. Microsoft’s ALM capabilities will help improve the flow of information between key stakeholders involved in planning for, building and managing applications.
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 connector for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010 CTP1. Released today, the connector enables operations teams to send application performance monitoring and diagnostic information immediately to the engineering team.
For more details, visit:
- TechEd North America 2011 Virtual Pressroom for a full version of today’s press release, a fact sheet, feature stories and executive video interviews.
- Windows Azure AppFabric , SQL Azure and System Center blogs for more details on today’s STB announcements.
- TechEd Online where you can watch the keynote on-demand and experience all-day streaming coverage. To follow the conversation via Twitter, please use the #MSTechEd hashtag and follow @STBNewsBytes and @TechEd_NA.