Today Microsoft announced the release to manufacturing of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1 for Hyper-V. Hyper-V, the hypervisor-based virtualization feature included in select versions of Windows Server 2008, was released last week. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1 (or MAP) is a network-wide agent-less tool to help quickly identify the locations of desktops and servers as well as auto-generate upgrade recommendations for multiple products and technologies including server, desktop and virtualization migration scenarios covering:
· Hyper-V virtualization candidates assessment (New in MAP 3.1)
· SQL server discovery and assessment (New in MAP 3.1)
· Desktop Security Center assessment (New in MAP 3.1)
· Windows Server 2008 hardware and device compatibility assessment including server discovery
· Windows Vista hardware and device compatibility assessment including PC discovery
· Office 2007 hardware compatibility assessment
· Microsoft Application Virtualization hardware compatibility assessment
· SNMP inventory reporting
For more on this announcement, visit the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit Team Blog and the Windows Virtualization Team Blog.
To download the MAP 3.1 Toolkit, please click here.