Microsoft announced this week that that System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 has Released-to-Manufacturing (RTM), and is now available for download. This release of SP1 marks an important milestone for the System Center Operations Manager 2007, making the product easier to support, easier to use, and easier to deploy.
The SP1 Release Candidate (RC) has received over 3000 downloads to date, and over 15,000 SP1 RC TAP customers.
What’s included in Service Pack 1?
Operations Manager 2007 SP1 addresses critical customer-initiated issues, including improved deployment, performance, reporting, and enhanced support.
Highlighting some of the key new features and enhancements:
- New capability to export Operations Manager 2007 diagrams to Microsoft Visio VDX file format.
- New ability to publish reports to multiple locations, such as Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Web sites.
- Improved performance and reliability across the product, such as when working with alerts, overrides, and searches.
- Enhanced “advanced search” by improved the ability to search across monitors and rules by their overrides.
- Simplifying the creation of new management packs by allowing users to copy views from existing management packs to an unsealed management pack.
- New ability view performance data through the Operations Manager Web console, and setup filters for desired performance counters to ease searching and navigation.
- New discoveries and views added to the Audit Collection Services (ACS), along with new monitors and alerts to track the health of ACS collectors.
- Enhanced backup and recovery with the introduction of an easier-to-use Secure Storage Backup Wizard.
For more information on System Center Operation Manager SP1 visit, http://blogs.technet.com/systemcenter/archive/2008/02/23/system-center-operations-manager-2007-service-pack-1-sp1-now-available.aspx
To download the SP 1 visit: