This article describes the top Symptoms, Cause and Resolution that occur during Backup Operation when using Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent (MARS Agent) for taking Files and Folders backup (or backups using Microsoft Azure Backup Server). The following article covers these top symptoms and its resolutions:
- Scheduled backup not working
- The Microsoft Azure Recovery Service Agent was unable to connect to Microsoft Azure Backup
- Microsoft Azure Backup failed to access the shadow copy because of inadequate disk space on the volume
Scheduled backup failed
- Follow these steps to troubleshoot and resolve the issue https://aka.ms/ScheduledBackupFailManualWorks
- Download and install the latest agent from http://aka.ms/azurebackup_agent
- Verify whether Windows Guest Agent service is running in services (services.msc). Try restart the Windows Guest Agent service and initiate the Backup.
The Microsoft Azure Recovery Service Agent was unable to connect to Microsoft Azure Backup
- Check network connectivity to Azure using steps listed in this article, fix issues if any and then reinitiated the backup jobs.
- If you have Antivirus software running on the same system, it might be blocking the backups from happening. Test by temporarily disabling the Anti-virus, reinitiate to see if backups are working fine. If you find this to be the reasons, then from your Antivirus product exclude the folders using steps listed in this article.
Microsoft Azure Backup failed to access the shadow copy because of inadequate disk space on the volume
- Ensure that the cache volume has free space corresponding to 5-10 percentage of the backup data size or at least 2.5GB, whichever is greater.
- If required, switch to a new cache location that meets the specified space requirements. Refer to this article for changing the cache location to a different volume with recommended disk size.
- Ensure scratch folder is not located on OS volume.
If above recommendations does not resolve your issue, then post questions your question to Azure Backup discussion forum.