The PowerBI Update preview is now available at - http://powerbi.com/dashboards/tour. You can experience the new self-service BI solution. The preview is available for customers with a US address. New country support will be coming in months. Existing customers will find a preview option in their current Power BI sites. For those not currently using Power BI, you can sign up for a Power BI preview which includes the new features here.
- Dashboards - user created to monitor most important data. These can be developed using natural language question and answers and pining the visualisation to a dashboard. These dashboards can also be easily shared.
- New Visualisations - including combo charts, filled maps, gauges, tree maps, and funnel charts
- Support for popular software as a service application - Dynamics CRM Online, Salesforce, Zendesk, Marketo, SendGrid and GitHub with many more coming in the months ahead. This support not only makes it easy to establish a data connection, but PowerBI also provides pre-build dashboards and reports for each of these applications which can then be customised.
- New Power BI Designer - are you still running versions of Excel older than 2013 and as such weren't able to take full advantage of PowerBIs capability, well with the new stand alone PoweBI designer app you don't need to rely/wait on IT to upgrade you to Excel 2013. The New Power BI designer lets you import, model data and then author and publish Power BI reports.
- Native ipad App - the native app for Ipad is available in the Apple App store, with the release of native apps for other platforms such as iPhone, Windows 8 and Android in coming months.
- Live Hybrid Connectivity to an on-premise SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Model - With the new Power BI connector for SQL Server Analysis Services, customers can realize the benefits of a cloud-based BI solution without having to move their data to the cloud. Customers can now create a secure connection to an “on-premises” SQL Server Analysis Services server from Power BI in the cloud. When users view and explore dashboards and reports, Power BI will query the on-premise model using the user’s credentials. With this hybrid solution, organizations can continue to retain, manage and secure their data on-premises, while securely enabling users to benefit from that data via Power BI.
To help you get started take a look at the following video - http://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/457043-power-bi-getting-started-video-tutorial