Itron’s Enterprise Edition Meter Data Management (IEE MDM) with be used for this advanced smart grid project. The project allows customers to:
- View their usage
- Make changes in the way they use electricity
- Thus, control how much they spend.
Key items in the decisions were:
- Security of database
- Ability to obtain advanced analytics and reporting
- Ease of project deployment,
- Streamlines IT infrastructure and
- Lowers total cost of ownership.
The initial volume of data flowing into the system comes from 9 million residential AMI hourly interval meters (over 200 million record-inserts a day!).
Read the press release here and on Microsoft Power and Utilities Blog.