TEMENOS T24 (T24) is a complete banking solution designed to meet the challenges faced by financial institutions in today’s competitive market. T24 provides a single, real-time view of clients across the entire enterprise, making it possible for banks to maximize returns and keep costs down.
On computer systems with 64 or more CPU cores, use startup trace flag 834. When this trace flag is set, SQL Server uses Windows large-page memory allocations for the buffer pool. Trace flag 834 causes SQL Server to use Microsoft Windows large-page allocations for the memory that is allocated for the buffer pool. Trace flag 834 improves performance by increasing the efficiency of the translation look-aside buffer (TLB) in the CPU.
- Requires that the Lock Pages In Memory option on
- Applies only to 64-bit versions of SQL Server
- Must be enabled on startup
- Best suited for servers that are dedicated to SQL Server as it may prevent the server from starting if memory is fragmented and if large pages cannot be allocated
To Enable Trace Flag 834 on startup:
- Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Right Click on SQL Server (<<YourInstanceName>>) and select "Properties"
- Move to the Advanced Tab
- Scroll down to the "Startup Parameters" and add: ;-T834
- Click OK
- Restart the SQL Server service
Allocating buffer pages is expensive, and turning on Trace Flag 834 can provide a performance boost.
For more information about this SQL Server trace flag, see Microsoft Support Article 920093
Please review the Best Practices for Running TEMENOS T24 on Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server whitepaper for more information.