During creation of the Audit and Control Management Server (ACM) database, you may run into the following error:
An error occurred creating the database: The CREATE DATABASE statement failed. The primary file must be at least 10 MB to accommodate a copy of the model database.
This error can when the model database in SQL Server is bigger than the initial size of the ACM database. When a new database is created, SQL server uses the model database as a template. Any database created that has a size smaller than the model database can cause this error.
To fix the error, use the following steps to decrease the size of the model database and shrink it:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- In Object Explorer, connect the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand the instance.
- Expand Databases > System Database and right-click the model database, and then click Properties.
- In Database Properties, select the Files page.
- Decrease the value in the Initial Size (MB) column for the file to 3 MB.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the model database and click on Tasks > Shrink > Database.
- Configure the settings and click OK.