Subscriptions in Windows Azure Pack (WAP) shows “Out of Sync"

 Subscriptions in Windows Azure Pack (WAP) shows “Out of Sync"



WAP and SPF installed on same server
SCVMM: system center virtual machine manager 2012 R2 UR1


Unable to Work with WAP getting error “Out of Sync" as show below


Log Name:     
Source:        Microsoft-ServiceProviderFoundation
Date:          2/21/2014 2:43:26 PM
Event ID:      10
Task Category: (65524)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      None
User:          N/A
Computer:      wap.local
Component: Provider 

Failed to create subscription. Reason: Message : An error occurred while processing this request., InnerMessage: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><m:error xmlns:m=""><m:code /><m:message xml:lang="en-US">An error occurred while processing this request.</m:message><m:innererror><m:message>Invoking method Update of type Microsoft.SystemCenter.Foundation.Psws.Spf.SpfOperationManager failed. Cause of the problem: UserRole update failed on some VMM servers: wilvmmv1;</m:message><m:type>Microsoft.Management.Odata.CustomModuleInvocationFailedException</m:type><m:stacktrace>   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.OperationManagerAdapter.InvokeMethod(IInvoker invoker, String functionName, String resourceTypeName, Boolean ignoreNotImplementedException)&#xD;
   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.OperationManagerAdapter.CUDRequest(CommandType commandType, ResourceType resourceType, Dictionary`2 properties, Dictionary`2 urlParams)&#xD;
   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.EntityUpdate.InvokeCommand()&#xD;
   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.DataServiceUpdateProvider.SaveChanges()&#xD;
   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleNonBatchRequest(RequestDescription description)&#xD;
   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()</m:stacktrace><m:internalexception><m:message>UserRole update failed on some VMM servers:  
   at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)&#xD;
   at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)</m:stacktrace></m:internalexception></m:innererror></m:error>

  • When we tried to check the tenant is created in VMM server we found that the tenant is created
  • When we checked the jobs in SCVMM we found the below job with error

Error (20413)
VMM encountered a critical exception and created an exception report at C:\ProgramData\VMMLogs\SCVMM.b7cc18df-1adf-435e-9e7a-0e808e02de19\report.txt.
Recommended Action
See the report for more details and search user forums for well-known failure root causes for self-help.

  • When we looked in to above report file found below information


SCVMM Version=3.2.7620.0
SCVMM flavor=C-buddy-RTL-AMD64
Default Assembly Version=3.2.7620.0
Executable Name=vmmservice.exe
Executable Version=3.2.7510.0
Base Exception Target Site=140706051082968
Base Exception Assembly name=System.Data.dll
Base Exception Method Name=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError
Exception Message=Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure.
Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again.
Build bit-size=64

———— exceptionObject.ToString() ————
Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.CarmineSqlException: Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure.
Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function prc_RBS_UserRoleSharedObjectRelation_Insert has too many arguments specified.”


 Based on the above findings it looks like we have not applied the SQL script in which comes with SCVMM 2012 UR1

After applying the script we are able to add the subscriptions successfully and it synced without any errors.


Comments (0)