The new Contoso in the Microsoft Cloud poster shows how the Contoso Corporation, a fictional but representative global organization, is embracing a cloud-inclusive IT infrastructure that includes all of Microsoft’s cloud offerings (Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft Intune).
This new poster contains the following:
- An overview of the fictional Contoso Corporation, its three-tier design for its offices, and key elements of Contoso’s implementation of the Microsoft cloud.
- A review of Contoso’s on-premises IT infrastructure and how its business needs map to Microsoft’s cloud offerings.
- Contoso’s private WAN infrastructure, its app design for its offices, its use of ExpressRoute, and its step-by-step path to cloud networking readiness.
- Contoso’s on-premises Windows Server Active Directory (AD) forest, how it geographically distributes authentication traffic, and how it uses Azure IaaS to provide redundancy for headquarters authentication.
- Contoso’s structure for Microsoft cloud offering subscriptions, licenses, tenants, and user accounts.
- Contoso’s security requirements in the cloud, its data sensitivity classification and mapping of cloud features to each level, and its step-by-step path to cloud security readiness.
Download this multi-page poster in PDF or Visio format, or see it online on Docs.com. You can also print the 9 pages of this poster on tabloid format paper (also known as 11x17, ledger, or A3 format).
Special thanks to CAAB member Nicolas Blank, a Cloud and Messaging Architect with NBConsult, for reviewing the draft poster and providing feedback!
Future additions to this poster will include end-to-end configurations of key cloud scenarios. Stay tuned for the updates as we evolve the Contoso Corporation from an on-premises IT infrastructure to a cloud-enabled and agile IT infrastructure. If there is a scenario you would like to see in a future update to this poster, let us know at CloudAdopt@microsoft.com.
Here are the additional posters in the Microsoft Cloud for Enterprise Architects Series.
To join the Cloud Adoption Advisory board, send a quick email to email@example.com so you can be on the list for exclusive presentations and bi-monthly webinars.
See the ongoing discussions of cloud adoption issues at http://aka.ms/caab. To post or reply to a post, register yourself in the Microsoft Tech Community.