I recently asked Solutions Advisory Board (SAB) members in the SAB Yammer network what they use to ramp up on something new, such as specific sites or resources on the Web, books, etc.
After a week of replies, here are the results in order of being mentioned:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA): One SAB member said "MVA is my second home."
- RSS feeds
- eBooks: One SAB member mentioned this best practice: "I put books and PDFs onto my Kindle. It is searchable and a nice replacement for about 3 feet of shelf space."
- TechNet Virtual Labs
- MS Partner Learning Center
- Hardcopy books: One SAB member stated "call me 'old fashioned', but hardcopy books are my favorite."
- Articles via email notification
- Exchange forums
Thanks to all of the SAB members who contributed their favorite resources and best practices.
If you would like to join the discussion, go to the All Network group of the SAB Yammer network and add your best practices to the post titled "RAMPING UP BEST PRACTICES." You must be an SAB member to access the SAB Yammer network.
If you have questions, or if you’d like to join the SAB, email us at SAB@microsoft.com.