Greetings SAB members!
For those of you who do not subscribe to the Exchange Team Blog, I wanted to point out a very interesting new solution that was recently published. This solution uses Internet Information Services (IIS) and Application Request Routing (ARR) to provide a reverse proxy for an Exchange hybrid deployment. IIS with ARR is replacing the role of Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
Here is the diagram:
The key components of this solution are:
- Exchange Server 2013
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- IIS with ARR
- Exchange Online in Office 365
The blog post with the details is here: Part 4: IIS ARR as a Reverse Proxy and Load balancing solution for O365 Exchange Online in a Hybrid Configuration
Take a look!
When you're done, please take a minute and let us know the following through a comment on this blog post or with an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Do you like the overall structure of the article? The major sections are based on specific types of traffic, with numbered steps for the configuration.
- Do you like the use of screen shots to show the configuration?
- How could this solution content be improved?
Thanks so much for your ongoing feedback and participation!
Senior Content Developer
Office Solutions Content Team
P.S. SPOTLIGHT articles are a type of post in this blog that focus on an existing multi-product or service solution. SPOTLIGHT articles provide an overview of the solution, links to the details, and a chance for you to comment on the overall solution and the effectiveness of the solution content. More to come!