Here’s another cool tip from Frank Rojas. If you’re trying to PXE boot and getting “No Boot Action for Device (x) found” errors then you’ll want to check this out:
Issue: When attempting to PXE boot a PC using SCCM 2007 OSD, the PXE boot fails. Analyzing the SMSPXE.log while the PC tries to PXE boot shows the following error message as the PC attempts the PXE boot:
No Boot Action for Device (x) found
where x is a random number.
Cause: This issue can be caused by one of the following issues with SCCM2007:
1) An advertised Task Sequence to the PC has no Boot Image associated with it.
2) An advertised Task Sequence to the PC had a Boot Image associated with it, but the Boot Image originally associated with the Task Sequence has been removed or deleted.
Resolution: To fix the problem follow these steps:
1) Right click on the affected Task Sequence and choose Properties.
2) Click on the Advanced Tab.
3) Make sure that the option “Use a boot image:” is checked and that a Boot Image is selected.
Once you do this Operating System Deployment should work as expected.
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer