We just released our support hotfix for Windows Server 2008 as KB954049 that adds support for installing System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 or Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 on a Windows Server 2008-based computer.
This is essentially a small hotfix roll-up affecting the HealthService (agent and server roles) and the Web Console (Web Console server role). The KB also details requirements for four Windows Server 2008 hotfixes which are required for certain OpsMgr/SCE roles. The KB articles discusses which hotfixes are required for specific roles and also discusses known issues and requirements. The summary of the Knowledge Base article and a link is below:
This article describes the Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 and Microsoft System Center Essentials 2007 issues that are fixed in the hotfix rollup package that is dated July 25, 2008. This article describes the following items about the hotfix rollup package:
- The issues that the hotfix rollup package fixes
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix rollup package
- Download information
- Hotfix installation information
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix rollup package
- Whether the hotfix rollup package is replaced by any other hotfix rollup package
- How to extract the files
- The files that the hotfix rollup package contains
- Additional information and known issues
The KB can be found here.
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer