The IPD Team just sent out an announcement concerning the IPD beta and how it now covers VMM 2008, OpsMgr 2007 and IIS 7. Some of you probably already get this but just in case you don’t I included it below:
We are pleased to announce that the Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Beta has been updated! We have added the System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, System Center Operations Manager 2007, and Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0 guides to our beta. Beta members can download the content now.
If you aren’t currently an IPD beta member, follow the instructions below or visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Website.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
- Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Join the Beta
Additional Infrastructure Planning and Design series guides are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. See below for instructions on how to access the beta guides.
To join the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta, follow these steps:
- Visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta on the Microsoft Connect Web site.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
- Scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design.
If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before continuing with the invitation process.
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer