I’m now an MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate)

Find the MTA certification path that meets your needs

A few minutes ago I rocked over to the ultra high tech Microsoft Learning centre and took a few exams, just for some Friday fun…I might need help!  I’ve always been a big fan of certification (when it’s done right).  I started on the road to MCSE in NT4 back in the day, completed that, upgraded to 2000 and have kept things going since then.  There have been lots of changes to the programme though over the past decade (GULP!) and we now have a set of exams designed for the new crop of IT Professional entering the business out of the academic world.  The MTA.

Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification helps schools teach and validate fundamental technology knowledge [and] provides students with a foundation for their careers

That’s a pretty darn important thing in the ultra competitive market and I thought it was a great idea when I was at Uni to do my MCSE to get me real world experience – I then rocked into a better job for more money than most of my peers.  Nice.

What I can say having just taken the exams is that they’re pitched at about the right level, they aren’t super deep dive exams that require the depth of experience of a seasoned IT Professional but they are exams that let you demonstrate to an employer that you’ve got more of a grasp of Networking fundamentals and Security fundamentals than you might just get by attending some lectures.  The Windows Server 2008 exam was actually quite tricky, offering up some more complicated Active Directory Directory Services questions that you wouldn’t be able to answer without some real world experience.  To my mind that would make it a perfect exam to round out an industrial placement or internship year.

If you’re an employer looking at a candidate with these exams you can rest assured that your not just getting someone who’s sat through some lessons.

I took:

• Networking Fundamentals: Exam 98-366
  • Security Fundamentals: Exam 98-367
  • Windows Server Administration Fundamentals: Exam 98-36

But there are developer VB.net and C# focused exams too to prove your skills.

As a result I can now add this logo to my business cards and blog and I’ve got a greater chance of standing out.

If you want more info on the MTA program and how it builds into the MCTS exams then check out the Microsoft Learning website

Can one find videos and learning material for these.

Graeme,

I've got over 10 years experience so I'd expect to be able to go through them with little prep and talking about the subject matter of the exams is my day job so I didn't need to do any.  However the way I'd suggest prepping is to look at the exam content, then cross reference it with TechNet for learning content and the TechNet library to understand specifics.  That's always stood me in good stead, and it's what I do for Beta exams – where there is no prep materials avaialble.

Hope that helps

Si

Hi simon,

Could you please pass material for ( Database) 98 364 at nams885@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

4. Graeme says:

To do those exams did you do any prep? And if so what?

5. Craig says:

I took the security fundamentals exam. Not too technical, but there was the odd question required a bit more thinking.

This sums the exams up well.

6. Greg says:

These exams are great lead sinto the Microosft Certified Professional exams.

There are free Exam Resource Kits available if the institution that you are with has an MTA site license.  There are two publishers (CCI & Wiley) that are publishing or are about to publish books to support these exams.

7. shraddha says:

hey, i hv also qualified mta 98 366 exam…will u plz tell me hw would i get its certificate?they r asking for sm windows id…if u an help me in getting my certificate….

8. varun says:

Hi Simon,

iam very much interested to complete MTA, could you please provide me the material.,my mail id ptvarun@gmail.com

thanks

9. Debola says:

could you please furnish me with the material, my mail is debolabi@yahoo.com

10. Steve says:

Im very keen to become certified and have been looking at what the MTA covers and its seem like the perfect place to start. If there are any materials  (aside from Technet) that you would suggest looking at id greatly appreciate any tips:

My email is steviebit@gmail.com.

Cheers.

11. Shivam S. says:

Hello, I am a student, failed my mta exam today- 60%. Please bestow study materials upon me.

12. PriyaP says:

i am interested to do MTA in web development applications, could you please provide me the study materials if any

purushothaman.priya@gmail.com

13. Anish D says:

Hi Simon,

Could you please share the Study materials with me as well. Email id: anishdsz@yahoo.com.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

14. Kuz says:

I am also interested in the study material. Pls could you send it to me via my email kuzakahmed.gmail.com

15. DataBot says:

Studying for the MTA as well sir. Could you please lend a helping hand with your study materials. e.e.john@edu.salford.ac.uk  Thanx

16. Ryan says:

Hi Simon,

Could you please share any MTA study material you have with me please. Many thanks.

rymo.morrison@gmail.com

17. Omar says:

Simon May can you please send me PDF version of ebook of exam 98-367 Security Fundamentalst to my id enggomarpu@gmail.com

18. Sneh says:

Hi Simon

I am interested in taking MTA certification for Web Development Fundamentals. It will be helpful if you could send me the study material to my email below.
    sneh.kalasannavar@yahoo.co.uk

19. Abhishek Mishra says:

Hello frz i am co-ordinating Ed-Advantage Course in my college and i urgently need MTA course material for Windows Operating System. Pls help me My e mail id is abhishekmishra5139190@outlook.com

20. Brymor says:

Hi Simon May,

i am also interested in the MTA program, could you please provide me with the study materials. My email is ibrahim.oyeleye@gmail.com

Thanks.

21. Gelly says:

Good day Sir! Could you please send me the study materials for the MTA exam? My email is 2013062164@ust-ics.mygbiz.com

22. vikash says:

please share study material at kumar.vikash561@gmail.com for 98-366
    i will be gratefull for this action.
    thanks in advance

23. zanele says:

hi i study MTA last year at the academy but i ddnt write my exam because of financial problem i woulld some1 ith more informaation pleas updat m what to do.i wooould like to finiish n get certificatee. you caan also email mme ZintoZanele@gmail.com

24. zanele says:

please m interested ibn study material emailll me at ZintoZanele@gmail.com

25. viki says:

please send me ur MTA Study materials @viki.arul@gmail.com

26. Olo says:

Hello Simon,
    I am interested in studying and taking the MTA certification. Please can you help me with study material. My email address is Folokun1@gmail.com

27. josen says:

joshofmyindia80@gmail.com

28. snehal says:

Hi Simon,

I am looking forward to get Certification in MTA. Can you please send me study material related to exam 98 361 or exam 98 362 or exam 98 364 at snehalp039@gmail.com.

Many thanks

29. Rabih says:

Can anyone please give me your advice what should i focus on 98-363 web development. Please help me

30. Rabih says:

31. Hasy says:

Anyone can help with MTA tutorial or video lessons and training.

32. Arindam says:

Hlw Simon sir,
    I am also preparing for that MTA exam. I am going through certain difficulties .Can you please share your study materials with me. It will be a great help for me.
    THANKS

33. Liz says:

Hi Simon,
    I could not find where you stated that you have this material, but, if you do, will you be so kind and send it to me as well. My email address is young.elizabeth98@gmail.com Thanks in advance

34. Jennifer says:

Just passed my MTA exam today! Studied using Pluralsight and practice exams. I think having this cert really rounds out my experience and creds toward a career in data analysis.

35. james says:

hi jennifer can you please share your study materials with me. thanks

36. David says:

hey jenn, could you also email things to look for one the test as well study material.

divad2009@hotmail.com

37. Olisa Uchenna says:

Hi Simon could you please share any study materials and practice test questions/answers with me. my email address is olisauchenna@yahoo.com

38. emmanuel says:

Hi Simon could you please share any study materials and practice questions/answers with me. my mail address is segfad23@yahoo.com

39. show box says:

Thanks.

Thanks for the great info. I really loved this. I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    For more info on showbox please refer below sites:
    Latest version of Showbox App download for all android smart phones and tablets.
    It’s just 2 MB file you can easily get it on your android device without much trouble. Showbox app was well designed application for android to watch movies and TV shows, Cartoons and many more such things on your smartphone.
    For showbox on iOS (iPhone/iPad), please read below articles:
    Showbox for PC articles:
    There are countless for PC clients as it is essentially easy to understand, simple to introduce, gives continuous administration, effectively reasonable. it is accessible at completely free of expense i.e., there will be no establishment charges and after establishment
    it doesn’t charge cash for watching films and recordings.
    Not simply watching, it likewise offers alternative to download recordings and motion pictures. The accompanying are the strides that are to be taken after to introduce Showbox application on Android. The above
    all else thing to be done is, go to the Security Settings on your Android telephone, Scroll down and tap on ‘Obscure sources’.
    Movie Box, an esteemed movies application in which you can find stacks of programs and films. The guide is given here to download Movie Box app to Android and to Apple iOS 9.0.2, iOS 8.4/8.3 and also for the lower versions without Jailbreak.
    Please do login to Showbox application with the help of Ymail. You can login in Ymail from here –
    Sign Up & Do registration for latest movies on Showbox applic

40. Vinay says:

Hi , Si May . Congrats on becoming an MTA! That was a really good info you’ve put there.
    I’m planning to give a test for MTA in network and security, would you please provide me the study kit ?

( vinay.s.patil@hotmail.com)
    Thank you . All the best for your future .