I’ve just come off of a really interesting call and this question is floating around in my head. I think I know the answers, but please get in touch in the comments, it’s a chance to get involved with shaping how we think about Azure and the IT Pro.
The top 10 things I’ve heard are:
- “I loose control of my application and I’m not sure about that”
- “I loose control of my data and I’m not sure about that”
- “I can’t easily report the status off my applications, are they hitting SLA?”
- “I just don’t see how we get there, it means redeveloping our applications”
- “I’m not sure I trust Microsoft”
- “In not sure I trust the other people on the platform”
- “Microsoft doesn’t offer virtual machines in the cloud”
- “The cloud is too new, Microsoft’s offerings aren’t mature enough”
- “It’s too expensive, the costs are out of my control”
- “It’s too hard for my users to connect”
So I’m really interested as to what you think, if it’s one of the above reasons or something else let me know, I’m going to be interviewing two of the Azure General Managers over the coming weeks and I can put concerns to them an get answers.