In the light of the upcoming football season, I am going to start a new series of blog posts where we will utilize Identity Lifecycle Manager to create our own Fantasy Football engine. The posts will split time between this TechNet blog and my MSDN blog, http://blogs.msdn.com/therabournidentity. The goal is to think outside of the box, have fun and hopefully associate our findings with real-world issues.
Rules of Engagement:
1. We will utilize Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 with Feature Pack 1 as the main engine and since I use Virtual Machines on the road, I will use one single virtual machine for the entire solution. When relevant scenarios arise, I will let everyone know what the good practices are.
2. We are only allowed to use Active Directory, ADAM, SQL and File-based Management Agents.
3. The Fantasy Football league will be a Hybrid College/Professional league. Players will be able to select College and Professional players and rules will be adjusted accordingly.
4. Once the next ILM version is released, we will upgrade the entire system.
5. Rules Extensions will be written in both C# and Visual Basic and posts will be made on my MSDN blog.
6. Reader submissions and ideas will be accepted and fully credited.
7. Each post will have the appropriate technical level in the title (100-200-300-400)
Later this week, we will create specification of the environment on the TechNet blog.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.