1. User browses to Project Center (/projects.aspx) using FireFox 9.0.1 and 8
2. Browser displays “The Web Part requires at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0”
By design, seems that the wording in the technet article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff631137.aspx, is a little confusing. It says “the Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 update provides support for additional web browsers to access Project Web App pages that are most frequently used by team members”.
The highlighted text is the key.
1. Installed FireFox 9.0.1
2. Reproduced the error above by browsing to /projects.aspx
4. Consulted with Project Server PFE and he verified the same.
5. He pointed out that a Team Member is a role in Project server that can only access certain pages using FireFox 3.6.8+ according to the technect article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff631137.aspx,
6. The pages are:
Project Web App (PWA) main default page (default.aspx)
All pages in the "My Work" section in the Quick Launch. This includes the following:
Issues and Risks
This was Trinidad vs Vargas…after Vargas almost got knocked out in the opening round, he reached out to his corner and regrouped. He almost took down Trinidad, unlike him, I came out on top.