If you are one of the 7 readers of this blog, then you have seen a post or two from me in reference to stsadm and some tips to it: Shortcuts, command history, posters, etc… Well snap! The SharePoint Server TechCenter just published another fantastic tool (in Silverlight) for us stsadm challenged people. So, what can you do with it?
- You can search for a command, and as you do it will filter out commands that don’t match your search term
- You can filter commands by Operations / Properties
- You can also filter commands by UI/SP1/SP2/ALL
- Click on a header to Hide/Show that column
- And the best part of all (the reason you would use this tool), you can click on a command name to get a description of the command, with a link directly to additional content for the command on TechNet.
Big thanks to the team for providing this to us! It rocks, so go check it out: