March 7, 2012 - SharePoint 2010 Cumulative Updates...
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- Assume that you create a status indicator that is based on a custom list in a status list in SharePoint Server 2010. Then, you install the June cumulative update that is described in Knowledge Base (KB) article 2536599. In this situation, the custom list’s URL is not displayed at the bottom of the status indicator.
- Assume that you add a column that can store a document's date created information to a document library. Then, you add a new document to the document library and enter the document's date created information. If the date that you enter is earlier than December 31, 1969, the document's date information is not displayed in the column.
- You cannot configure a filter for the sitename refiner in the SharePoint search front-end.
- After you install the hotfix package that is described in KB article 2596505 on a Fast Search Server 2010 for SharePoint server, document previews and thumbnails from a subsite are not displayed in search results.
- The Microsoft Search service (mssearch.exe) crashes when you execute a custom query on a SharePoint site.
- Mssearch.exe crashes when you perform a search by using an invalid search term on a SharePoint site.
- SharePoint Server 2010 ignores the Robots.txt file when you perform a crawl for sites that use forms-based authentication.
- A site collection administrator can change the search scope of another site collection unexpectedly in SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- Assume that you specify a NetBIOS name for an Active Directory infrastructure. When you perform a full synchronization from Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to a SharePoint farm, many user profiles are not imported.
- This hotfix package provides store procedures that clean up the Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) history tables during profile synchronization jobs. I hope this does what I think it is suppose to do...
- Results in the Content Query Web Part do not display the expected items for anonymous users when the following conditions are true:
- The results are filtered by a Managed Metadata column that has a term hierarchy.
- The Include terms under selection option is enabled.
- A site collection administrator can view or change site-level scopes or scope rules for another site unexpectedly.
- The Content Query Web Part displays many <None> values instead of valid column names in the Sorting and Grouping drop-down menu.
- Users are not prompted that Summary Links is a required field when the users save a page content type. For example, when you add a Summary Links field as a required field to a page content type, users can publish pages and are not prompted that the field is required.
- Administrators cannot remove activities from activity feeds of other users.
- Assume that you have a publishing site, and you add a workflow that does not use association data to a document library. For example, you add the Disposition Approval workflow to a document library. In this situation, you cannot edit items. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Server Error in '/' Application.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create an Arabic publishing site collection.
- You edit a page, such as the default.aspx page, in the site collection.
- You click the Page Content field, and then you open the Font list.
In this scenario, the Font list displays the Tahoma font 13 times. The list should display 13 different fonts.
- Assume that you have a team site that has the publishing feature enabled. In this situation, repeated caching attempts of the home.aspx page causes a decrease in performance.
- When you copy a record-declared document from one library to another library, the declared record is locked and cannot be deleted, edited, or undeclared in the destination library by using the user interface.
- Assume that you save a site as a template and use the template to create a new site. Then, you add documents to a document library on the new site. In this situation, the documents on the new site have the same document IDs as the documents on the site that you saved as a template.
- When you search on a site by using the Related Sites scope, you receive an HTTP 404 error message.
Note This issue occurs after you apply the SharePoint Server 2010 cumulative update package that is described in KB article 2597014.
- When a user changes their user name, the user's previous user name is displayed on the user's personal site. This issue occurs because the profile sync process fails when the root site collection is unprovisioned.
- On a site that has a non-English default language, some column names in the user information list are not localized.
- When forms-based authentication is enabled, enterprise keywords that are applied to items in document workspaces cannot display the activity feeds of users.
- The public GetTags methods of the SocialTagManager class do not retrieve private tags.
This cumulative update package also fixes the issues that are described in the following KB articles:
2598025 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598025/ ) Description of the PerformancePoint Services for SharePoint Server 2010 hotfix package (Ppsmawfe-x-none.msp, Ppsmamui-xx-xx.msp): February 28, 2012
2597936 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597936/ ) Description of the PerformancePoint Services for SharePoint Server 2010 hotfix package (Ppsmawfe-x-none.msp): February 28, 2012
2597144 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597144/ ) Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 hotfix package (Ifswfe-x-none.msp): February 28, 2012
2597136 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597136/ ) Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2010 hotfix package (Sts-x-none.msp): February 28, 2012
2597132 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597132/ ) Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2010 cumulative update package (SharePoint Foundation server-package): February 28, 2012