Hi everyone, Service Manager 2016 Technical Preview 4 (TP4) is available for download and you can get it from here.
It’s a preview release for upcoming Service Manager 2016 which you can test in your deployments and get yourself prepared before the final release. TP4 brings in many new features which can help in improving your overall Service Manager experience. These new features and improvements include –
- SM 2016 TP4 now supports integration with Lync 2013 and Skype for Business in Microsoft Office suite 2013 and 2016.
- This release contains a new inbox HTML-based Self Service Portal which offers the following enhancements:
- Updated modern UI with easy-to-use navigation
- Multiple browser support
- Announcements are now supported in the portal
- New Service Catalog
- Rich browser for help articles
- My Activities and My Request management
- Server caching to reduce database calls and improve portal performance
- Rich customization
- Functionality to disable ECL logs for much faster SCCM & AD connector synchronization
- Improved grooming for ECL logs which makes it 3 to 4 times faster than before
- Enhancements in Incident workflows for reduced lags and faster processing
- Optimized and Integrated ADGroupExpansion Workflow with ADConnector synchronization cycle, which makes it more predictable and faster.
You can read more about above mentioned improvements and more from here – What’s New in Service Manager for Technical Preview
Do try out these updates, and share your experience and feedback in the comment section below. We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts about these enhancements.