05/11/16 – Update 3 for Self Service Portal Available here
RTM Package for download is available here – https:/www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49556
Installation Instructions here – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/mt622142.aspx
Deployment & Troubleshooting Guide – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh914195.aspx
Finally!!! We are excited to announce that we are releasing new Self Service Portal for Service Manager 2012 R2 next week. This version of Self Service Portal is re-designed from scratch to help us in providing improved performance and easy manageability, key points which were hurting customers with previous version. Here are key highlights of this new release –
- ASP.NET MVC Razor Based HTML 5 Web App– Supported on all Web browsers and operating system.
- Caching on web server to improve response times for frequently fetched data.
- No local data storage makes easy Web Farm Deployment. All data fetched/saved from/in CMDB directly.
- Multi-Language Support – Supports all 23 language supported on Service Manager. Help your end users to access portal in language of their choice.
- No Dependency on SharePoint/Silverlight.
- No separate WCS Service specifically for Portal. Directly configure portal to use any of Secondary SM Server (SDK Service)
- Windows Authentication by default to avoid user to enter credentials every time they access portal and provide secure access without any overhead of using SSL specifically for authentication.
Here are list of Service Manager Features supported by new Self Service Portal (including new ones) –
- Create/View/Update Tickets (Incident/Service Requests). Reactivate resolved tickets.
- Knowledge Management – Search/View/share knowledge articles.
- Approve/Reject Review Activity.
- Make Manual Activity Complete/Fail.
- Mark Requests/Knowledge Articles as Favorites for quick access in future.
- Provide star rating to knowledge articles to help in building reliable knowledge base based on continues feedback from end users.
- Notification of number of activity pending when user login to portal.
- Announcements are back.
- Generic Request is configurable.
Sample Screen Shots
In order to use new Portal you need to:
- Have System Center 2012 R2 – Service Manager Update Rollup 7. It is a prerequisite due new type projection introduced for portal.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 – This portal is based on latest ASP.NET Platform, which do not work properly on older version of Windows (IIS Server).
Please watch this space next week, when we will publish installer and more blogs on enable quick deployments for you.