[Update] Hi everyone, The new System Center Service Manager Connector 3.1 for Exchange is now available with 7 new fixes! Download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45291
Please do share your views, feedback and suggestions in the comment section below.
Exchange Connector helps in connecting the Service Manager with Exchange for processing incoming emails to create and modify work items in the CMDB. The Exchange Connector 3.0, which is the most recent release has got an astounding response from community and is widely used by our customers to empower themselves with ability to manage IT via emails.
In last few months we reached back to our Customers and Partners to listen about their experiences with the Exchange Connector 3.0 and have identified some gaps which they have asked us to fill. As a result we are on the way to release an updated version of this connector, which is going to carry 7 important fixes to improve your Exchange Connector experience. Our Agile TAP members have already got access to try out this updated Exchange Connector, and it will get publically available for all our SM 2012 R2 customers very soon in coming few weeks, but in the meantime, do check out the list of fixes planned in this effort and please share your thoughts and feedbacks in the comment section below.
List of bugs getting fixed:
( Please note that these enhancements are still under testing and the final payload may change )
- Exchange Connector sometimes create multiple work items against a single email request.
- Exchange connector gets stuck processing e-mails when large e-mails containing complex HTML formatting are processed.
- Exchange connector fails to process the emails if it contains a ‘.msg’ file as attachment.
- Exchange Connector sometimes consume very high memory (several GBs) when updating Work Items.
- A new User CI is created in CMDB, if an external user (who is not in CMDB) is a To/CC recipient in the email which Exchange Connector processes. With this senders can accidently add new users in the CMDB, if they add any external users in the To/CC of an email which they are sending to the Exchange Connector monitored mailbox. This behavior is now going become configurable with the updated Exchange Connector.
- Voting for a Review Activity using the Exchange connector does not update the "VotedBy" field in the Review Activity.
- Exchange Connector adds a new reviewer in the Review Activity when a user who is not in reviewer’s list sends an email to approve/decline that particular Activity.
System Center All Up: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenter/
Configuration Manager Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
Data Protection Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
Virtual Machine Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Microsoft Intune: http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoftintune/
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The RMS blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/rms/
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
The Surface Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/surface/
The Application Proxy blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/applicationproxyblog/
The Forefront Endpoint Protection blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/
The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/