(UPDATE) Updates are now live for download:
This Update Rollup is being released for both SM 2012 SP1 and R2 – the set of fixes between the two versions is going to be identical, except for a fix in MP Importer, a feature which is only applicable to the R2 release.
So without further ado, here’s the list!
- For users who have both SMTP and SIP endpoints, Service Manager always picks up the Lync “sip” endpoint, even when emailing users from the console.
- After selecting Service Requests with Service Level Warning, an error message stating a “FullAdapter” exception occurs about one hour later.
- After selecting the Assigned to me view, an error message stating a “FullAdapter” exception occurs about one hour later.
- Service Manager console maximized window fixes:
- When maximized, the console is slow or unresponsive and has up to 30% CPU utilization.
- Context menus in the console don’t render where expected — instead, they appear at the top-right corner of the window.
- Work item scroll bars in the preview pane do not render properly when running in full screen mode. When they do appear, they are inactive and cannot be used.
- Forms and wizards don’t always render properly and only the left navigation pane renders with the right area blank.
- When editing or creating request offerings, user prompts do not render properly.
- Concurrent PowerShell workflows fail to run, although they show as successful in the console.
- An error appears in the console when you try to open an attachment in a work item form that was already opened.
- The attachment and its associated details of the release record cannot be retrieved after it is marked as Closed.
- The request offering form takes a long time to render when you create service requests from request offerings.
- Console crashes when attempting to use an SR Template with an assigned analyst..
- Creating a service request can cause a NullReferenceException error and crashes the console.
- SM console shows a generic SQL exception instead of the detailed Data Collision exception when running in a non-English environment.
- When grooming of the Database the p_DataPurging stored procedure does not complete and SQL registers an error with event ID 8623 stating that the query processor ran out of internal resources and could not produce a query plan
- Adding multiple RegEx’s to a group definition causes a SQL error when you add or execute the group.
- The Configuration Manager connector does not handle updates to DeviceHasSoftwareItemInstalled correctly. This causes a divergence in the data that is synchronized between the Service Manager and Configuration Manager databases.
- MPImporter does not import management packs from Operations Manager if Service Manager has any management packs from a previous version already present.