We get a lot of questions on how to do more advanced notifications from people such as:
- How can I send notifications via SMS?
- How can I tell SCSM to only send notifications to me during certain times of the day/week?
- How can I tell SCSM to send me an email during the day and text my mobile at night?
- How can I have SCSM notify one person and if that person doesn’t acknowledge the notification then notify somebody else?
These things and many other more advanced notification scenarios are handled by a solution from our partner Derdack. Their product Enterprise Alert is an advanced notification platform with integration to various monitoring and process management systems. Now they have released a direct integration with SCSM! You may be familiar with them already given that they have an integration to SCOM already.
They even have a Windows Phone 7 app (demo video)!
Tomorrow they are hosting a webinar that anyone is welcome to attend.
Derdack’s new enterprise alerting app delivers mobile IT systems management and enables Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, Service Manager, HP Operations Center and IBM Tivoli Monitoring users to manage business critical incidents directly from a WP7 smartphone or Blackberry.
This free live demonstration will show the new enterprise alerting apps for smartphones in action.
To register, choose the session time (please note that the session takes place twice a day and is defined in CET (Central Europe)-time). You will automatically receive a confirmation and further instructions to later join the session.
When: Wednesday, August 31, 2011
- 10 am (CET, GMT+02:00) – Register here: https://derdack.webex.com/derdack/j.php?ED=184385102&RG=1&RT=OCMyNQ%3D%3D
- 5 pm (CET, GMT+02:00) – Register here: https://derdack.webex.com/derdack/j.php?ED=184385367&RG=1&UID=1256529462&RT=MiMyNQ%3D%3D
Format: Online via WebEx
Costs: Free of charge
Nice work Derdack!